cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

washer/dryer

rsbabson
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a mountaineer 356TBF with washer dryer side by side prep. Any reccomendations on a washer dryer unit? Washer dryer combo non vented, side by side dryer non vented/vented? If I buy a vented dryer there will have to be a hole cut thru the side wall I do believe. Side by side washer with a non vented dryer?
20 REPLIES 20

C-Bears
Explorer
Explorer
We are on our second Splindid washer/dryer (second fiver). We wouldn't be without a side by side as full timers. Both of our units were vented.
2014 Montana 3725RL (Goodyear G614 Tires, Flow Thru TPMS)

SPENDING THE WINTERS AT OUR HOME IN SW FLORIDA. THE REST OF THE YEAR SEEING THE U.S. FROM OUR LIVING ROOM WINDOW!

retispcsi
Explorer
Explorer
Separate washer dryer. Vented dryer works great. Just remember the dryer is 120v not 240v like houses. It does take longer to dry and loads are smaller. However the way to go.
2015 Mobile Suites 38 RSSA. 2014 Ram CC DRW 4x4 60 gal RDS Aisin 4:10.
DW, Shadow, Remington and Ron. Living the good life till the next one arrives.

JTrac
Explorer
Explorer
Splendide seems to be the make of choice for many rv's, but there are other brands. Excel offers a Whirlpool stack as an option but we had a Splendide vented combo in our motorhome and decided to stick with the same thing. The wife likes it a lot but a separate dryer is probably better because you can wash and dry at the same time. She says it is not a big deal to her.

Not sure if you've ever used this type of washer/dryer but the advice my wife gives is if you expect it perform like your home units you will be disappointed. She read the instructions carefully and just does small loads when we have some downtime. She rarely gets behind on the laundry.
JimT
2020 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, 2020 Ford F350, Platinum, 6.7 diesel, 4X4, CCLB, SRW, 12,400 GVWR

rsbabson
Explorer
Explorer
alboy wrote:
We have ours vented, did it myself, piece of cake,the only way id go.
Yep factory placed a sticker on the wall. "Place vent on this wall per factory installation instructions"

rsbabson
Explorer
Explorer
alboy wrote:
Yes I will have to agree with your advice. I have done some research and looks like vented is the way to go. I found some good pictures on a link where someone did theirs. Looks pretty easy to do. Gonna go and see if factory placed a sticker on where to drill.

alboy
Explorer
Explorer