cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a mess, I broke my truck...

RVman3252
Explorer
Explorer
We were heading home after spending a fantastic month in Florida... About midnight we were just through Knoxville, TN... on I-75, we were running about 65 mph, pulling up a pretty good grade... I thought my transmission blew! We were stranded on the side of the road...

A call to Good Sam Roadside Assistance, we were towed to a Walmart parking lot, and told us they would send a wrecker in the morning to tow us to a repair facility. They even called Walmart and made arrangements about spending the evening there... and got permission for the 5th Wheel to stay while we had our Truck repaired... They were back in the morning and loaded it on flatbed as promised...

After they tore down the truck... actually the transmission was fine, the flywheel let loose! Being stranded for 5 or 6 days, we rented a car to get around. We found a KOA campground close to the 5th Wheel, and ask them if they knew anyone we could call to move our 5th Wheel to their campground. They had us moved in less than 2 hours, thanks to one of the employees friend who was camping there. No only did they move it for us, the good samaritan would not even take any kind of payment for moving it...

My Thanks to... Good Sam Roadside Assistance... Clinton / Knoxville North KOA... Clinton, TN Walmart... and to the good samaritan who towed my 5th Wheel...
RVman3252
3252Px3 KZ Sportsmen Limited Triple Slide Fifth Wheel
Dodge Ram HD3500 CrewCab, Longbed 4x4 Cummins w/ PullRite Super 5th

Good Sam Life Member
34 REPLIES 34

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
DanNJanice wrote:
Glad to hear everything is OK.
Just curious, what year was your truck, gas or diesel? I don't think I have ever heard of the flywheel coming off. Seems like that would almost have to be a manufacturing defect.
Check his sig. tells everything you asked except year.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

DanNJanice
Explorer
Explorer
Glad to hear everything is OK.
Just curious, what year was your truck, gas or diesel? I don't think I have ever heard of the flywheel coming off. Seems like that would almost have to be a manufacturing defect.
2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 F250 PSD

FLY_4_FUN
Explorer
Explorer
When we read about so many bad things in this world, its nice to know that when it went bad for you people stepped in to make your life a bit better. Sorry to hear about your truck, im sure its an unwelcome expense.

Daryll
2012 Dodge Ram 3500 crew SB 4x4 CTD 3.73
2015 Brookstone 315RL
2009 Colorado 29BHS (sold 2015)
05 Jayflight 29BHS (sold 2008)
99 Jayco Eagle 12SO (sold 2005)

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
Nice to hear you received all kinds of help and quickly.
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Major bummer about the truck, but looks like the recovery and aftermath couldn't have been smoother. Hoping you're back on the road soon.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed