cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where do y'all use your Golf Carts?

MichaelOH59
Explorer
Explorer
Besides the Golf Course! We have a limo Golf cart we bought new in 2014, but no longer attend the events we bought the GC for. What do Yall do with your Gcs? Especially interested in the National and State Parks, but please report any other uses that you have found for your GC while camping. Muchas in advance!
27 REPLIES 27

TZScales
Explorer
Explorer
We have a golf cart and use it both at home and in campgrounds because it's what we want to do and enjoy using it immensely. We are all entitled to assess whether we want to own and operate a golf cart or not.
TZS and Wife :B
2007 Monaco Executive Sandia IV
Cummins ISX 525 Horsepower
Allison 4000 Six Speed Transmission
Roadmaster S-Series Chassis
2004 Ford F250
Blueox Aventa LX Tow Bar
SMI Air Force One

taken
Explorer
Explorer
Most people with toy haulers and golf carts spend more time in private campgrounds than national parks.
Regards, Rodney
TV - 2017 F350 SRW CC SB 4X4 6.7
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
In at least some of the national parks, ATVs, UTVs and similar are not allowed, street legal and licensed or not. 99% sure that Golf Carts would fall under the same prohibition.

MichaelOH59
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
MichaelOH59 wrote:

They will even carry your elderly mother who still enjoys the lake or the woods, but who no longer has the mobility for long walks. probably because she didn't take your advice, Dennis.

Still Very happy to receive any constructive advice from Golf Cart wrong thinkers:)

Sorry, Michael, my mom passed away several years ago at age 87...:(..my dad, though, is still going strong at age 98. Walks two miles a day...:)...Dennis

I got my mom a couple months ago. We have her up to about 1/2 mile. Gotta ways to go.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
MichaelOH59 wrote:

They will even carry your elderly mother who still enjoys the lake or the woods, but who no longer has the mobility for long walks. probably because she didn't take your advice, Dennis.

Still Very happy to receive any constructive advice from Golf Cart wrong thinkers:)

Sorry, Michael, my mom passed away several years ago at age 87...:(..my dad, though, is still going strong at age 98. Walks two miles a day...:)...Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Bird Freak That maybe the coolest GC I have ever seen
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use mine at home and swap meets. To many kids run loose in Cg with carts. I find I only need my bike at the cg.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

taken
Explorer
Explorer
Michael, don't sweat the negative posters. They are uninformed and speaking from ignorance. And the go to a gym comments? That's what you do when you're home. Some of us actually have jobs that keep us fit as well. The last thing I want to do on my relaxing vacation is have any type of a work out.

We take ours to any larger campground we go to. Most KOA campgrounds allow carts. The large campgrounds at Myrtle Beach allow carts. Fort Wilderness at Disney. There are a ton of places that allow them. Some do require liability insurance but that's cheap. $95 a year through Progressive.

We have a Club Car DS that was rebuilt for us. Silver to match our truck and RV. We love to cruise the large campgrounds and check out everyone else's setups. We are not alone either. Lots of the nicer parks have many campers who enjoy their custom carts that they modify and tweak for fun just like their RV's. We just call before heading to anyplace we haven't been to before to make sure they allow them. The only place we don't take ours is a golf course. Never much cared for the sport...

Regards, Rodney
TV - 2017 F350 SRW CC SB 4X4 6.7
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

PRodacy
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not aware of any state or national forest areas around here where they would be any use. Outside of your campsite, you may be able to drive along the road you came in on, but that's about it. Most of the other roads have too much higher speed traffic or are too rough for a golf cart. Likewise, any trails are too narrow, rough, or both. ATVs are common, but golf carts are pretty much limited to golf courses.
2012 GMC 3500 dually 4x4
2006 OKanagan 90W
2003 Jeep Rubicon, modified for off road performance

MichaelOH59
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
Golf carts belong on the golf course. Leave them at home when camping. Get out and walk! Exercise makes you live longer and healthier. More time for camping. I can't think of any State or National parks that allow them, for good reason.....Dennis

Well Dennis may I suggest you begin a Fitness Blog? Besides the GC we also ride motorcycles, though surely we would more fit if we walked. But then come to think of it, we do work out regularly, so maybe it will be Ok for you to allow us to decide how, and with whom, we would like to camp?

And I disagree that GCs belong on Golf Courses exclusively. Golf Carts are great! Even fit people love them because they will carry 4-6 people, or groceries, or that 20 lb bag of ice. They will even carry your elderly mother who still enjoys the lake or the woods, but who no longer has the mobility for long walks. probably because she didn't take your advice, Dennis.

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
A lot of state and federal campgrounds you have to have a legal licensed vehicle in order to use it on campground roads. Some private campgrounds you can use them, call ahead to find out if they are allowed.

My seasonal site you can use a GC or a UTV. I use a licensed scooter that I can take to town.

Some private campgrounds even rent GC's.

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Executive wrote:
Golf carts belong on the golf course. Leave them at home when camping. Get out and walk! Exercise makes you live longer and healthier. More time for camping. I can't think of any State or National parks that allow them, for good reason.....Dennis
X2
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG