Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where to get Suburban range part. Stove quit working

Smoke90
Explorer
Explorer
hi to all,

last weekend I was not able to lit the stove on our Suburban range in our Cyclone toy Hauler.
I think it is the thermostat that must be replaced
where do you guys buy replacement parts?
I did some search on the forum and I am surprised no one ever post about this. As I ll be surprise that no one had to change the pilot on their stove

thanks
6 REPLIES 6

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
GO HERE

Look up your Model of Suburban

Then you can identify part and have a part number to search Internet for it

Can't get pilot to light .... oven knob on pilot position and pushed in?
Can't get main burner to light off using BBQ lighter/hot thermocouple?

Suspect oven safety valve (oven gas valve)
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Smoke90
Explorer
Explorer
D.E.Bishop wrote:
The thermocouple has nothing to do with lighting the pilot. If you can't even get it to light while holding a match in front or under it, there isn't any propane getting there. Lots of posts regarding purging the system of air in order to light.

I agree with purging the air, but why are the top burner working while I let it open for minutes and minute and the oven still not lighting?

also I thought that if I keep the thermocouple hot (whith a BBQ lighter) and turn the knob ON the main burner will lit?

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
The thermocouple has nothing to do with lighting the pilot. If you can't even get it to light while holding a match in front or under it, there isn't any propane getting there. Lots of posts regarding purging the system of air in order to light.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Smoke90
Explorer
Explorer
yes I am pretty sure it is the thermocouple as the pilot does even want to lit

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
If your stove would not remain lit I would think the thermalcouple first. They are cheap and easy to replace. Try that first.

Y-Guy
Most local dealerships can get the parts you need. I'd also check campingworld.com and www.pplmotorhomes.com too.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon