cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Which Dicor for reseal/repair?

sjturbo
Explorer
Explorer
I found a few areas that need attention on my slide today. First, where the aluminum edging meets the (rubber?)roof needs resealing. I had tried the Dicor self-leveling but it was not apparently what was used originally because it rubbed off on the rubber seals when the slide went in and out. The original appears to be some type of white flexible caulk. I assume using silicone is not an option? Secondly, where the corners meet there is a gap and leak area. As well, where the alum meets the fiberglass side of the slide the standard butyl tape is sandwiched between then covered with what appears to be silicone. Lastly can I clean these areas with Acetone? So some help would be greatly appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

RustyJC
Explorer
Explorer
There are 2 types of Dicor sealant - self-leveling and non-sag (or non-leveling). The self-leveling is used on horizontal surfaces; the non-leveling on anything other than horizontal surfaces.

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972

2016 Ram 3500 Dually Longhorn Crew Cab Long Bed, 4x4, 385/900 Cummins, Aisin AS69RC, 4.10, 39K+ GCWR, 30K+ trailer tow rating, 14K GVWR

B&W RVK3600

Tiger02
Explorer
Explorer
If it's on the side and not the rubber roof then use Geocel ProflexRV caulk. Dicor is used pretty much for the roof only or horizontal surfaces.

You can use 3M caulk remover to help get the old caulk off it's being stubborn, but I have found that all you really need is a plastic putty knife. I then use goof off to wipe down and clean the area before applying the new caulk.

If your slide is leaking due to the gasket then you may need a new slide seal. Hard to tell without seeing it.
2006 Keystone Outback Sydney 30 FRKS

1997 Ford F350 Auto, 4.10LS Axle, 160,000 Miles, Crew Cab with DRW.

US Army 1984-2016.

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Clean the area with Lacquer thinner, Dicor recommended, then apply Dicor no-sag caulk.
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore