cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

WINTER TIME BLUES .....

nofish
Explorer
Explorer
Both retired now, plan to use 5th wheel a lot more. Currently have a 39' Jayco Designer & a DRW diesel Chevy, both 2008 models. We plan to either: replace carpet in lower level with a wood floor, new tires etc
or trade for a new 5th wheel. Anyone have experience swapping carpet for wood flooring?
Larry G
6 REPLIES 6

byrdr1
Explorer
Explorer
Gearitis wrote:
We ripped out the carpet in our old 2003 Cougar and installed Traffic Master Allure self-floating snap together flooring. It is water resistant. We loved it as it gave a warm interior and also a LOT easier to keep clean. Just a warning, if you pull out the old carpet, wear a gas mask and don't let you stomach get to upside down. Pulling the carpet out has to rank up there with one of the nastiest jobs I have undertaken. The carpet looked great on top but underneath, OMG, I thought my DW was going to gag herself to death. My wife is a stickler for "Clean" and when she witnessed this, the next thing I know, all the carpet was gone in our "brick and mortar"! Nasty!

TRY that in a house where you are replacing it with hardwoods. MY wife and I tore it out and it had been down for over 15 years. MY Goodness!!!!
I hope if we ever take it of the 5er it won't be that bad..
thanks
randy

2014 F-350 SRW CC/LWB 4X4 6.7PSD

2011 Keystone Cougar 327RES
Happy Campin'
Randy
Piedmont area of NC

alboy
Explorer
Explorer
We put in a high end 12 mil AC4 commercial laminate JOINTS ALL GLUED,love it.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
IMO the need/want for new tires and/or surface flooring isn't a good reason to buy a new RV. "I just want a new RV" is however.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Gearitis
Explorer
Explorer
We ripped out the carpet in our old 2003 Cougar and installed Traffic Master Allure self floating snap together flooring. It is water resistant. We loved it as it gave a warm interior and also a LOT easier to keep clean. Just a warning, if you pull out the old carpet, wear a gas mask and don't let you stomach get to upside down. Pulling the carpet out has to rank up there with one of the nastiest jobs I have undertaken. The carpet looked great on top but underneath, OMG, I thought my DW was going to gag herself to death. My wife a a stickler for "Clean" and when she witnessed this, the next thing I know, all the carpet was gone in our "brick and morter"! Nasty!
2015 F-350 King Ranch
2015 Sabre Silhouette Select 312RKDS

DReisinger
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced part of the carpet with laminate interlocking flooring. Looks real good so far, no problems, survived a trip to the keys with two dogs. Very glad I did, unit is a 2005 and carpet was looking rough.