cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Your Rig

RVcrazed51
Explorer
Explorer
I'd like to give a huge THANK YOU to Brad, the Moderator over the Truck Campers forum for his assistance with this thread.

Thanks also to RVcrazed51 for his request for this thread.

Post photos of your Fifth Wheel on this thread. Any photo with a 5er in it is allowable; any brand, any year.

This thread is generally for Fifth Wheel photos only. But feel free to post comments on posted photos.

Because this thread is very long, I will occasionally clean it up by removing the older posts that do not have Fifth Wheel photos and other off topic material. Also, please limit photo width to 640 pixels by using: width=640. Please do not post thumbnail size photos, they are just too small to see.

Register at photobucket.com (free), download your pictures (takes a while), hi-lite and copy the URL, then use the "image" icon to paste the photo URL.

Photo Bucket โ€“ Free photo hosting

Help with posting photos----
> RV.Net Tutorials and Picture related FAQ's

Posting photos Bradโ€™s way

Helpful Thread with good photo hosting information

"Technology Corner" Everything you want to know Technical forum

Netboy's thread on compressing photos

Truth Justice's 2005 Sunny Brook 31BWKS (Triple Slide) and 2005 1-Ton Dodge Quad Cab L/B.

Hi everybody, I'm looking to buy a fifth wheel, hopefully by the end of the year. And I was just wondering if some of you would care to post some pics of your fiver.
RVcrazed51
Zeke
3,401 REPLIES 3,401

Ginther
Explorer
Explorer
ReneeG wrote:
As for Hooker, the newbie and purchasing your unit gently used, it would be a good idea, if you haven't already, have your tires inspected to ensure they are in good shape. Tires are number one in going down the road safely, and if these are the original tires, they are definitely worth a look.

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

Not trying to scare you, but here's my tire horror story....

Bought our 2009 Keystone Challenger used in May 2013. It had Goodyear Marathons (China) made in 2008 on it. First trip Memorial Day weekend - BLOWOUT! Minor damage. Put brand new Goodyear Marathons (235/80R16 E load range) (still made in China)on it when we got home.

Fast forward 14 months July 4th 2014 weekend- first long distance trip - Houston to Denver. Tires only 1.5 years old. Under 5000 miles. Trailer used monthly, no long term storage causing flat spots or dry rot, protected from sun, proper air pressure, not overloaded, etc etc....

TWO BLOWOUTS over the 1100 mile trip. One on each side. Significant damage to both sides. Nearly had a third blowout - belts separated, tire deformed, about to blow. Caught it just in time. Still wound up being over $3200 damage done, not counting the tire costs.

Discount Tire was nice enough to give me four new GY Marathons since I bought the warranty. Didn't let them mount them though. I packed them away to be sold later.

Instead I bought four new Goodyear Unisteel G614 RST 235/85R-16 G rated tires. MADE IN USA! Cost over twice as much, but a much better tire. Higher load rating, higher speed rating, much heavier construction, way better quality. Made the trip home without a single problem.

Just Google Goodyear Marathons (or any other brand ST tire) and the G614's for your reading pleasure.
2009 Keystone Challenger 34SAQ 5er
2015 Ford F250 Platinum FX4 SB CC 6.7L Diesel

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Bigfoot and Hooker - nice looking setups.

As for Hooker, the newbie and purchasing your unit gently used, it would be a good idea, if you haven't already, have your tires inspected to ensure they are in good shape. Tires are number one in going down the road safely, and if these are the original tires, they are definitely worth a look.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Hookr27
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all, my wife and just purchased out first fiver. A 2008 grand junction which was very lightly used. It was also bought with the 2003 dodge ram 2500slt with only 54000 miles on it. It is completely set up for towing. We are going to take our first trip soon and would like any hints for the newbies.

Bigfoot_affair
Nomad II
Nomad II
From truck camper to this,

PmsPks
Explorer
Explorer
Here is our new 2014 Bay Hill 340RK. Love the layout and it is comfy!!
Paul & Pam
2007 Damon Tuscany 4076
2007 Jeep Wrangler

garysol
Explorer
Explorer
2014 Ram 3500 / 2012 Komfort 3530

2020 GMC Canyon
2022 NoBo 19.2

DallasOregon
Explorer
Explorer
Having a cabover lasted less than a year. Now "moving" into a 2003 Fleetwood Jamboree GT 28 foot.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice rigs.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

SmittysRV
Explorer
Explorer
Same here, heading out to the river tonight!!!

B_Sjulestad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Packed and ready to go
Bob & Dianne
2016 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4 DRW D/A
2013 Cedar Creek 36ckts
Emmy,Sassy and Flower our 4 legged kids

tahoemc
Explorer
Explorer
Good looking rigs everyone - thanks for posting!
2004 Ram 3500 Quad 4x4 Cummins w/auto 4.10 Reese w/ slider
2012 Dutchmen Denali 262rlx w/Moutain Package

SunnyInUtah
Explorer
Explorer

billyjoeraybob
Explorer
Explorer
Here is ours

2015 Heartland Landmark 365 Ashland
2013 Heartland Sundance 3270RES (Traded)
2013 Chevy Silverado 3500HD CC 4x4 DRW Allison/Duramax
2009 Chevy Silverado 3500HD EC 4x4 SRW Allison/Duramax(totaled 1/17/13)
2008 Pilgrim International Cirrus 28CQB(Sold)

SuperDutyMan
Explorer
Explorer
Wow! Great looking rig!
2011 Palomino Sabre 31RETS,5th Wheel,Triple Slide,4000W Onan Genset
2006 Super Duty,XLT, V10, 6 Speed, 4.10, Tow Command, Tow Pkg. 4X4,Dual Exhaust,K&N,Reese 15K,Air Bags

rtazz17
Explorer
Explorer
My truck is on a severe grade change from drivers to pass side and trailer is on flat ground thats why theres not much room between fiver and bed rails on pass side in case someone notices that.On flat road I have 7-8 inches between fiver and bedrails and this is why I need that much.