cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Our ten year road trip

jwillie44
Explorer
Explorer
When I retired on 04/04/04 I sold the house, bought a really big RV, and started out on a road trip to see the country. It was a fabulous life style and my wife and I loved every minute of our time as tourists. I wrote a monthly newsletter, complete with pictures, for family and friends as we moved around. Now I find myself with 115 emails describing all the places we went and what we saw and did.

If you are thinking of going some place, or seeing some thing or event, drop me an email and I'll send you the newsletter that talks about our experience with that place or event.

I'm rvguy43, I'm on gmail.
5 REPLIES 5

Nolan
Explorer
Explorer
So RV guy, you have the same RV as you started out with?

We have also been full-time RVing for over ten years. But did some workamping in the north and south. Now just the south and traveling the summer. Wife has a blog of our travels. Located in our sig. It is missing the first four years.

usnret
Explorer
Explorer
It is very easy to record ones travels by using a web based blog platform. I use Google blogger. It is free and easy to use. I write more when we are in a travel mode and less when we are moving less frequently. I try to make weekly post at a minimum. It makes it easy to let family or friends know what we are up to. I have been surprised at the number of readers who read my blog and how diverse geographically they are. I recommend that anyone who is a full-time ever maintain a blog. I haven't mentioned how much you can learn by reading blogs.

Jim
USNRET
Jim & Judy
2009 Ram 3500 Dually LB
2011 Cardinal 3425RT
The Meandering Maddox's Blog
The Call to Serve

"Heaven must need a hero"

hitchup
Explorer
Explorer
We've been on the road since 2005. But since we're working, we sometimes have trouble finding interesting sites to see during weekends, especially if we're having bad weather.

I started a Free Blog for family, but because of boring places or bad/slow internet speed, have kind of let it slide.

I'd be interested in reading your travel blog for Future trips. We're now only 3 years away from Retirement. Where we get to choose the places we visit.
2014 DRV Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3....our custom home
2014 Ford F450 KR CC 4x4......his office
2015 Lance 1172 TC.....mobile Motel FOR SALE
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005

"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss it, you will land among the Stars."

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
Please, please build a BLOG and share all your experiences. I'll sign up!
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

dave17352
Explorer
Explorer
Why not put it in a website. That would be great! JMHO
NOW 2017 Leprechaun 260ds
2005 Forrest River Cardinal 29rkle FW
1998 Lance 980 11'3" TC
2017 CHEVY 3500 SRW 6.0
B@W turnover ball @ companion Hitch
Honda eu3000 generator mounted on cargo rack
Crestliner 1850 Fish Ski boat mostly fishing now!