cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

retiring

globehopper
Explorer
Explorer
we are retiring this summer and would like to know of full services parks to spend a month at a time. we have been on the road for up to 47 days, but now we are planning the long term "camping." we want to spend quality time around santa fe, NM and in colorado from pueblo to colorado springs. here's what we would like to know:
parks that are reasonable $500 to 650 a month
is summer (june/ july) too hot?
is it better to spend two weeks or a month - economically
we fish, golf, tennis, mild hiking, and love to go local farmer's markets.
thanks any feedback is appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

Henry
Explorer
Explorer
If your trying to stay away from the heat in June and July you need to go into the mountains and stay away from Pueblo or Colorado Springs. it's can hit 110degrees there.
We go to Fun Valley in South central Colorado near Southfork. One of the finest RV parks you'll ever stay in. It can be crowded but we like it. Cost $480 a month and that includes full hookup's. It is over 8000 ft.
Henry Holley
Snyder, Texas
2006 Chevy 3500, 6600 DuraMax
2004 Cardinal 33TS

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Santa Fe can be fairly expensive in the summer tourist season. Here's a suggestion if you don't find one in your budget. You could stay north of the city for a couple of weeks at the Army Corps Riana Lake CG at Abiquiu in Georgia O'Keefe country. $8 a night with the Federal Senior Pass. (Sites with water & electric available, dump station.)

There are great places to hike and see nearby like Chama, Taos and many small villages. Not sure about fishing and golf. You can tour O'Keefe's home and visit Ghost Ranch where she painted. The scenery is stunning. Have green chile cheeseburgers at Bode's, a gas station and village hangout.

Then you could spend two weeks in Santa Fe. My favorite there is Trailer Ranch, full service, which gives 7th night free. It's a 55+ age park and is right on the bus line. Very knowledgable staff with tips for everything going on. Bus is $1 all day for seniors and will take you to the Farmers Market or Plaza for sightseeing in a few minutes, so you avoid parking hassles. I've used the bus numerous times and found it reliable, safe, clean. Just off the Paza, the Southwestern food is wonderful at The Shed Restaurant.

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Some parks give good monthly discounts and you pay electric. If you call parks you may want to ask about electric. I have found many weekly rates beat GS discount and somtimes specials on 2 week stay. Park discounts seem to vary depending on the season. I would check an app like rvparky then call some the parks near your destinations. This is what I have found in the SW.