cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

!st Year

BOGKG1046
Explorer
Explorer
Today we have reached our first year as full timers. We spent the first 6 months traveling from the East coast to the West coast. We did more traveling than we had planned, but as we arrived in one place, found we where close to another of interest. so we went for it as well. We did finish the year with 6 months in one place, in Fl. We found some great new friends, and after seeing what the rest of the country had for weather we are glad we did stay here. Itโ€™s called the good life and for the most part it is. It has its challenges, but the fact that you can go when and where you want to go is a great feeling, as is meeting new people, and seeing different ways of life both good and bad.
11 REPLIES 11

Cloud_9
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the reply, We love the idea of the freedom the lifestyle affords. Re: family, in our case, they have scattered to the four corners of the country. So, this would give us the opportunity to visit them !!

BOGKG1046
Explorer
Explorer
Cloud9
I think the most exciting thing is getting up in the morning and not knowing or caring where we will be next. The worst thing is missing family but the cell phone and WIFI does help. The biggest surprise is how many of us there are full timing. It is not for everybody you and your partner need to able to get along living together in a small space.
Bob & Gail

Cloud_9
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations !! Just wondering, what was your best experience ? Worst ? Your biggest surprise ? DW and I have been dreaming of going full time for some time . Hoping to make it happen one of these days.

BOGKG1046
Explorer
Explorer
loulou57 We are comming back to FL. next winter, home to MA to see the kids this summer, the rest will be on the cuff.
gjwarneke Enjoy it it's a great feeling the old saying of see the USA!

Judgerr
Explorer
Explorer
We are half way into year three! Did the travel thing years ago on a Motorcycle towing a pop up camper! Just a place to sleep Now we have a winter location and a summer location!
All our relatives think we are nuts, but we are loving it!
Have fun out there!
2008 F-350 6.8 DRW Lariat 4x2 Aug 2014. Scan Gauge II, Bilsteins,
Full Timing & Loving it!
2014 Jayco Eagle Premier 321RLTS
I'm not a judge, it's just a nickname from USMC days!
"SEMPER FI" Vietnam 1968!

JimM68
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats!
We have everything we own listed for sale, some for 3 plus years! looking at reducing prices and getting things really sold this year and hitting the road.

No plans!!
Jim M.
2008 Monaco Knight 40skq, moho #2
The "68"
My very own new forumfirstgens.com

My new blog

gjwarneke
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary ! Hope you have many more happy & safe travels.

Jo

(we just started 2 weeks ago)

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations! Do you hae this next year planned out?

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer
Good for you guy's!!! It's going on year three for us and we love it!
07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blรผcher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...

Roman_Duck
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
Congrats! Enjoy your travels.

X2... hope to see you post many more anniverseies,
"You never fail until you stop trying!!"
My advice is free but I do consider donations

gbopp
Explorer