cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The Ball Is Rolling

Gypsy_Soul1
Explorer
Explorer
For our departure in 2016. In that time we will be selling all or most of our stuff,paying off a bit of debt and saving. Our kids will be 14 and 12 which we think is a good age to see the country.
8 REPLIES 8

Gypsy_Soul1
Explorer
Explorer
WandaLust2 wrote:
Gypsy Soul wrote:
For our departure in 2016. In that time we will be selling all or most of our stuff,paying off a bit of debt and saving. Our kids will be 14 and 12 which we think is a good age to see the country.

Will you be home schooling them or do you mean for the summer months?

They are home schooled now and will continue to but just on the road :B

Gypsy_Soul1
Explorer
Explorer
No but will look it up. Lots of families doing the road schooling thing. Life's to short to march to the same drum as everyone else.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Gypsy Soul wrote:
We sold our house back in 2010 and have been renting ever since and have "purged" along the way. Right now the plan is to travel for two years and road school our kids. We currently homeschool so traveling with them isn't an issue. They are very excited to visit the states they have learned about. Thanks for the well wishes

Ever seen the TV show "Promised Land"? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Promised_Land_%28TV_series%29
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2016 date also and in my mind, I've already planned out our route. South, then east, then around and around and then north and then west. We only have a year, but I'm so excited. I want to see it all and stop at every brown sign from here to Florida and New Hampshire to and I don't want to spend anytime on Interstates unless it's the only road available.

Gypsy_Soul1
Explorer
Explorer
We sold our house back in 2010 and have been renting ever since and have "purged" along the way. Right now the plan is to travel for two years and road school our kids. We currently homeschool so traveling with them isn't an issue. They are very excited to visit the states they have learned about. Thanks for the well wishes

CabinetmakerII
Explorer
Explorer
We sold everything at auction including the house in July this year. Spent the most wonderful summer ever in a small North Idaho town. Now working our way to Arizona to stay the winter months. Although our kids are grown with kids of their own, we managed to spend more time with them this summer than any previous year. May you catch "Hitching Fever" and never be cured. Best of luck!
Cabinetmaker

2021 DRV 39 DBRS3
2017 F-450 4X4, Riece 24K Hitch
2011 F-450 4X4, Companion 18K Hitch, Air Bags (Retired)
2012 Cyclone 3800, 5th Airborne Kingpin (Retired)
2018 Polairs 1000 XP Side by Side

WandaLust2
Explorer
Explorer
Gypsy Soul wrote:

Will you be home schooling them or do you mean for the summer months?
Mrs. WandaLust. Retired. Middle TN
1999 Fleetwood SouthWind 32'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy yourselves and may it be all that you thought it would be.