Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

To conceal carry or not to conceal carry

steadypraying42
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy everyone

So I will be moving from Washington State to Virginia because Uncle Sam says it's time to go and I was wondering if I can use my concealed carry permit I received in washington to keep it tucked on or near me or to be on the safe side get a permit for every state in between? I fulltime here on post and will be continuing the lifestyle once I hit my next duty station. What do you all do? Do you carry while on the road? What permits do you have so that you do not violate any laws?

Thanks for your input.
Active Duty Army (Fulltiming)
1 YR Old English Mastiff
2 YR Old German Shepherd
2015 Ram 3500 SRW
Aisin Transmission, factory air ride suspension
2015 Keystone Hideout 308BHDS (SOLD)
2016 Voltage Triton 3451 TH

"IN TRUTH LIES VICTORY"
27 REPLIES 27

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
We have our license from Texas. Our instructor told us to get on line and see what state would accept the Texas license. It's good in most states except the NE. I won't be going there so no problem. Just be careful where you take it.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
RGar974417 wrote:
What ever you do,don't take your gun into New Jersey or New York.They are anti gun and will nail you to the wall.There have been some cases on the news in the last year where people from PA who had CCP's in Pa got into trouble in Jersey. Pennsylvania is very gun friendly and had reciprosity with many other states. We'll be taking a trip from Pa to Yellowstone shortly and I believe there is only one or 2 states we're going through which don't honor our permits.I will keep it in the trailer just to be safe.

What good does it do you in the trailer when traveling and the need to defend your family arises?
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
What ever you do,don't take your gun into New Jersey or New York.They are anti gun and will nail you to the wall.There have been some cases on the news in the last year where people from PA who had CCP's in Pa got into trouble in Jersey. Pennsylvania is very gun friendly and had reciprosity with many other states. We'll be taking a trip from Pa to Yellowstone shortly and I believe there is only one or 2 states we're going through which don't honor our permits.I will keep it in the trailer just to be safe.

drumming102
Explorer
Explorer
beemerphile1 wrote:
I use the CCW phone app from Workman Consulting LLC.

Adroid;
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ryan.ccw

apple;
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ccw-concealed-carry-50-state/id443321291?mt=8

My Ohio permit is valid in 40 states.

I LOVE living in Ohio for this reason. http://puu.sh/ox71c/595bf9c9ec.png

Because of this my EDC is usually not more than an arms length away when traveling if not on me and the AR is in the conveniently sized closet in the TT.
2008 Chevy Silverado 1500
2015 Keystone Passport 2920BH

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
aguablanco wrote:
NYCgrrl wrote:

LOL, what discussion?!?!
The majority of people who don't understand this mindset just rolled their eyes and SOBbed.

To my way of thinking a "discussion" includes both sides, not an amen corner.
Just saying.

I think you may have misunderstood. This was not a pro/con discussion. It was a discussion on what the OP needed info about. You may be confusing discussion with debate.
RichH

I'm glad you did get what I said to a point. The OP, elicited fact based information, not whether he should, or should not, do something which could lead to a discussion OR debate.

Which lead the mod to be thankful for peace in her valley.

And caused me to make a joke that seems to have been missed; guess Iโ€™ll stick w/ my day job.

Oh and just for the record AISI...a debate is always a discussion but a discussion is not always a debate...

mabynack
Explorer II
Explorer II
http://www.handgunlaw.us/

Check the reciprocity of your state permit in the above link. Remember that each state has its own laws and restrictions and you must follow them even if your Carry Permit is valid. For example, some states use to require you to carry your weapon at or above your waist. Georgia use to not allow you to carry in rest areas on the interstate, etc. The site listed above has links to most of the state's laws.

JC2
Explorer
Explorer
:B
2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304,Cummins ISL 425hp,Spartan MM Chassis,2013 Chev Equinox AWD Towed,Ready Brute Elite TowBar/Brake,FMCA #402879,SKP#120487

aguablanco
Explorer
Explorer
I like to be "liked."
Thanks,
RichH
2017 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
8 Speed Transmission
2010 Dutchmen 24 FB-SL
Curt 10,000# WDH
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

DianneOK
Explorer
Explorer
I sure wish there was a "Like" feature......thank you aquablano
Dianne (and Terry) (Fulltimed for 9 years)
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)
2012 Ford F350, diesel, 4x4 SRW, crew cab, longbed
2009 Lance 971 Truck Camper, loaded

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

[COLOR=]Camping, nature's way to feed the mosquitoes

aguablanco
Explorer
Explorer
NYCgrrl wrote:

LOL, what discussion?!?!
The majority of people who don't understand this mindset just rolled their eyes and SOBbed.

Just saying.

I think you may have misunderstood. This was not a pro/con discussion. It was a discussion on what the OP needed info about. You may be confusing discussion with debate.
RichH
2017 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
8 Speed Transmission
2010 Dutchmen 24 FB-SL
Curt 10,000# WDH
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
DianneOK wrote:
Moderator note....thank you one and all for such a civil, well thought out discussion. ...

LOL, what discussion?!?!

Just saying.

DianneOK
Explorer
Explorer
Moderator note....thank you one and all for such a civil, well thought out discussion. ...
Dianne (and Terry) (Fulltimed for 9 years)
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)
2012 Ford F350, diesel, 4x4 SRW, crew cab, longbed
2009 Lance 971 Truck Camper, loaded

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

[COLOR=]Camping, nature's way to feed the mosquitoes

steadypraying42
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you everyone for your input. I very much appreciate it!
Active Duty Army (Fulltiming)
1 YR Old English Mastiff
2 YR Old German Shepherd
2015 Ram 3500 SRW
Aisin Transmission, factory air ride suspension
2015 Keystone Hideout 308BHDS (SOLD)
2016 Voltage Triton 3451 TH

"IN TRUTH LIES VICTORY"

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Store them for travel, keep one handy, carry on!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD