Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well...

Mfar1234
Explorer
Explorer
Well Folks,

Shortly after I purchased my unit and hit the road mom ended up ill and have spent several months with her until we had to Hospice her ...and yes, it all ended.

Anyway, after the drain of funds, etc...and about to lose my motorhome - I must come off the road and start over.

Wishing you all well and hoping to see everyone down the road one day ...

Life is full of change and we'll make it!

Hoping that I can do this again one day and thanks all
:C
Mfar1234
40' 2002 Alpine Coach, 400 ISL Cummings/3000 6sd Allison
2006 Dodge Ram 4x4
Brodie - Lab Mix and Baylee - Border Collie
27 REPLIES 27

Mfar1234
Explorer
Explorer
John&Joey wrote:
I know this may sound cold, but I mean it to educate myself and not to judge.

Could you please explain how your Mom's illness depleted your funds to the point of bankruptcy. There should have been government programs (and advocates) in place that should have taken care of her and her needs at the end. Admittedly her house and all SS/savings would have been forfeited during that time.

May God be w/ you!
:C
Mfar1234
40' 2002 Alpine Coach, 400 ISL Cummings/3000 6sd Allison
2006 Dodge Ram 4x4
Brodie - Lab Mix and Baylee - Border Collie

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
I know this may sound cold, but I mean it to educate myself and not to judge.

Could you please explain how your Mom's illness depleted your funds to the point of bankruptcy. There should have been government programs (and advocates) in place that should have taken care of her and her needs at the end. Admittedly her house and all SS/savings would have been forfeited during that time.
There’s no fool, like an old fool.

RaenMark
Explorer
Explorer
Mfar, so sorry to hear that. Remember the good things, keep her alive in your memory.
Rae & Mark
Bountiful, UT
2005 Alfa See Ya 40
Finally found a rig I can stand up in!

barbandwayne
Explorer
Explorer
Mfar, this is a bump in your road. While you'll miss the road for while, you will find peace and comfort knowing that you did what was right and took care of your mom when she needed you most. We spent last summer taking care of MIL and we'd do it all over again. So go ahead and give up that big rv, downsize and you and those pups get back out there. We'll be lookin for ya!

AUWing
Explorer
Explorer
So sad the hear but I'm sure you'll find a way to fulfill your dreams
2014 Jayco 331RETS
Thermal Pane, Auto Level, Fireplace
2011 Silverado 2500HD EC Regular Box D'Max / Allison
Great wife and a good dog

pa_traveler
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry about your mom,you will get back on the road somehow.

camper19709
Explorer
Explorer
Very sad to hear of your loss. Don't loose hope. You can start over.
Chip
06 SurfSide
30ft class A
2 slides
Ford V10 chassis
04 Chevy Astro van toad

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
Such sadness here, but hope too. Praying for you my friend.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

BarbaraOK
Explorer
Explorer
This thread points out the need for all of us to do all we can to ensure that our children will not have to foot our bills at the end. We have long term care insurance to cover costs that our retirement and SS won't - because there is no way I want our daughter to encur huge bills to keep us going.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006

Figment II

(2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) 🙂
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
[purple]FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761[/purple]
Our Blog

knshook
Explorer
Explorer
I am so very sorry for your loss. What you have sacrificed for your mother is a selfless act. I pray that you will find your way through this detour until you're back where you began. God Bless you and, once again, I'm so very sorry for your loss.

BeckyIO
Explorer
Explorer
Sad to hear that Mfar, I bet that must be frustrating for you. But as others said, I hope you don't loose hope that your time will come again. I follow a RV blogger named Kim who had a tornado demolish her house in November of 2011 just as she was finally about to sell it and get on the road. She thought her traveling dream was going to end up being just that, a dream. Here was her post from that day, very poignant: http://kimbopolo.blogspot.com/2011/11/repairs.html

Fast forward 10 months to September, and it's a completely different story. Kim persevered and didn't let adversity get the better of her. She switched from teaching stationary to teaching online so she could afford to buy her little RV and finally make her RVing dream a reality. http://kimbopolo.blogspot.com/2012/09/maiden-voyage.html

So there you go. Keep holding onto that dream, and we'll see you on the road someday. 🙂
Becky
Life's too short not to spend it doing something you love.
Lessons on the full-time RVing journey (my blog): Interstellar Orchard

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Sad to hear. Our prayers are with you. I have posted several times before a good exit strategy is good to have. These types of things can happen unexpectedly.

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
I'm so sorry to hear this....My heart goes out to you. Best of luck and don't give up hope....my life changed late in my life and I started over. 🙂 It CAN be done!
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend