cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

your rig

musicman54
Explorer
Explorer
this is a question my wife ask . so how long on average do fulltimers keep there rigs before tradeing it in another one. looking to fulltime soon
21 REPLIES 21

BarbaraOK
Explorer
Explorer
musicman54 wrote:
this is a question my wife ask . so how long on average do fulltimers keep there rigs before tradeing it in another one. looking to fulltime soon

We purchased our rig in 2005 - still have it and have no intention of purchasing a replacement. We now know her quirks, and when something goes wrong, still cheaper to repair than to purchase another unit for the few remaining years we will physically be able to handle a Class A.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006

Figment II

(2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ๐Ÿ™‚
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
[purple]FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761[/purple]
Our Blog

noplace2
Explorer
Explorer
You will get as many different answers as there are different people.

We are beginning our 15th year fulltiming this month. We started with a 31' 5'er that we kept for nearly 10 years. We traded (at its age 16) for a shorter 28' 5'er so as to be better able to enjoy the smaller, out of the way sites that we prefer. We'll likely keep it until it falls apart or we do. No plans to ever stop traveling. We plan to die out here on the road, hopefully not literally.
โ€˜Love is whatโ€™s in the room with you if you stop opening presents and listen.โ€™ - Elain - age 8

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Being a RV CAMPER more than a RV TRAVELER I got my OFF-ROAD POPUP camper in 2008 and it is still going strong. Have covered most all of the high camping areas in the southern mtn states and along the Gulf Coast areas. Been as far West as OKLA and TEXAS.

Want to head North of Virginia and visit a few of those high country camp sites.

When we retired I traded in my 2004 F150 4WD Truck for a 2010 F150 4WD Truck..

Roy and Carolyn
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

dahkota
Explorer
Explorer
We went full time in our tt. We didn't really know how we would travel and what would be important to us. After 8 months on the road, we decided that we would travel better in a MH. We couldn't find a good diesel as short as we wanted and we couldn't find a C with the capacities we wanted so we bought a gas class A. We have no plans to trade in our current rig, which we have owned for 8 months. It is perfect for us.
2015 Jeep Willys Wrangler
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
States camped: all but Hawaii
more than 1700 days on the road

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
We bought ours new in December 2005 after going full time the previous September. We've looked at many at rallies and dealers, but haven't found one to excite us enough to spend the money. But then again when we bought our B+ in 2012 we had been looking for the right 22' RV for 2 years.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
We had a 40' no slide Dynasty that we thought would fit our needs. About 6 months before my retirement we looked at a 4 slide coach and decided we needed one. The extra room was impressive. Further research showed our current coach would fit our needs much better. A 45' four slide coach with a tag. More room, more CCC and more comfort.

IMO, take your wife to several RV dealers/shows and check out different size coaches. When she enters the right one, like mine did, you'll know immediately it's the right one....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I am not a full timer but I know one guy and his DW who bought three in one calendar year. they just kept finding 5th wheelers with something a little different they liked. I don't think this is any where typical