Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'04 PW Excel TS value?

Chuck_Goodwin
Explorer
Explorer
Hi B'ers:

We're thinking of joining your ranks, looking at a 2004 PW Excel Ts with 60+K mi, seems to be in excellent shape but yet to see it in person. NADA suggests Average Value of $25k. I see via searching that NADA is often low for Class B's (and as they say it is an average number, with excellent condition and/or low miles could be higher). Maybe another reason could be higher demand compared to other RVs?

Owner is asking high $30k's, have not yet begun to dicker but it seems a long way to go to get down to our budget, much less to NADA's number. IF it looks good and we think the sleeping area will work for us, we're thinking of offering NADA + 20%, i.e. $30k. Seem reasonable?

Thanks
Chuck
Chuck G
21 REPLIES 21

jjson775
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations! You will have a ball with it!

Johnworth914
Explorer
Explorer
Duplicate, sorry
Alaska is next! Still trying to fit the pontoons to the RV so We can get to Hawaii!😄

Chuck_Goodwin
Explorer
Explorer
We did end up buying this rig ('04 Pleasure Way Excel TS)down in FL (they drove it down for the winter). It's in beautiful shape, they had treated it like a baby (all but the nursing, that is). We had seen another in Jan. on Ebay (in SC) that went for $28k or so but it got sold. We told him our limit was $32 and he came down to $33k. A ways over NADA average but so is the condition. Drove it back from FL and love it! Thanks again for the advice.

OK, took a test drive and we like it, it's in nice shape. We offered $30k telling him that we plan to look at another in FL that is a Td but with much lower mileage, would probably be cheaper based on prelim phone call. This guy would only would go down to $36k for now, not in a hurry to sell. So we will talk to him again after we see the FL rig.
Chuck G

Johnworth914
Explorer
Explorer
Shop around. We waited 2 years, but this spring I picked up a beautiful 2003 Pleasureway Excel. 51,000 miles. Beautiful inside and out. Runs perfectly. Everything works, Everything looks practically new. The only issue I had was the fabric panel next to the side door was dried out from the sun. I paid a local upholstry guy $75 to replace the fabric.
I bought it off a dealer who had it on consignment...

I have seen older worn ones selling for $10,000 more.

We looked for two years. But when you finally find the one. jump on it. If I had waited another hour, I would have lost this one. I got lucky and was at the dealership when it rolled in.

**One thing I did do, was spend $10 on a gallon of RedMax Pro. Made it shine like new, and it is still shinning 6 months later.
Alaska is next! Still trying to fit the pontoons to the RV so We can get to Hawaii!😄

Chuck_Goodwin
Explorer
Explorer
OK, took a test drive and we like it, it's in nice shape. We offered $30k telling him that we plan to look at another in FL that is a Td but with much lower mileage, would probably be cheaper based on prelim phone call. This guy would only would go down to $36k for now, not in a hurry to sell. So we will talk to him again after we see the FL rig.

Thanks again for all the advice offered to my original question ;-).
Chuck G

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
"what teenager wants to sleep with their parents??" mine do.Darn it !

Escargot
Explorer
Explorer
mlts22 wrote:
Makes sense. Since I'm mainly looking for my lonesome, that isn't really an issue.

I think it's easily doable to have 3 in the PW bed when it's made up in the "King" configuration.
But, what teenager wants to sleep with their parents??
Plus, the PW wasn't conducive to having their daughter bring her BFF along on their trips.
2006 Pleasure Way Plateau TS, MB Sprinter

vstreano
Explorer
Explorer
Our neighbors down the street just sold their 2002
Excel with 79,000 for $28,500. They started at $31,000. The van look like it was in perfect condition, but it didn't have a generator.

Chuck_Goodwin
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the reassurances! Will drive it on Saturday, I hope, and report back.
Chuck G

jrobert01
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a 2002 pleasure-way in July 2012 and gave 30,000 for it and am very satisfied.One owner low mileage garage kept looks like new no driving problems its a dodge 360Ci 5.9 ltr.I read all the warnings on the forum and was Leary i wish i had not read it just made me second guess the buy.They are not many for sale so if you want one used not easy to find i looked for a long time. I had a Rialta and liked it just wanted more power.Hope you get what you want at a price you can afford.By the way mine gets about 15 mpg. and i drive the speed limit.I have driven it over 5.000 mi and love it.Best wishes.

Escargot
Explorer
Explorer
My PW 03 has rear airbag suspension and spacers. No handling problems for me.

If it matters in handling / drivability issues, I'm a small framed woman senior citizen.
2006 Pleasure Way Plateau TS, MB Sprinter

Chuck_Goodwin
Explorer
Explorer
Handbasket wrote:
Is this on the Dodge chassis, or the Ford chassis? Either way, take a few minutes to peruse the FAQ's here on the B forum. Pay special attention to the importance of a personal test drive. Both chassis have had some driveability complaints here.

Jim, "Over the hill? What hill? I don't remember a hill...."

Thanks for the heads up. The '04 is a Ford chassis. I did notice the discussion about handling and will definitely take a long test drive with the semis! This rig has rear air bag and spacers, I was told. Not sure if these helped but the owner said that neither he nor his wife ever experienced handling problems.
Chuck G

Handbasket
Explorer
Explorer
Is this on the Dodge chassis, or the Ford chassis? Either way, take a few minutes to peruse the FAQ's here on the B forum. Pay special attention to the importance of a personal test drive. Both chassis have had some driveability complaints here.

Jim, "Over the hill? What hill? I don't remember a hill...."
'06 Tiger CX 'C Minus' on a Silverado 2500HD 4x4, 8.1 & Allison (aka 'Loafer's Glory')

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
Makes sense. Since I'm mainly looking for my lonesome, that isn't really an issue.