cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

110 outlets above windshield DEAD

dadd
Explorer
Explorer
Apparently had a bad extension cord short while on the road and now ALL (3) 110 outlets are dead for TV, DVD,VCR and entertainment center.Have checked all fuses and breakers at foot of bed and all fuses under the dash. Outlets still dead. Any ideas????
8 REPLIES 8

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Don Don wrote:
Check your GFI breaker in the Bath or Kitchen on the plug

X2, and if you have an outdoor outlet, check that too. "Fixed" our problem this summer, much to my surprise.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
On mine, the upper plug is protected so the TV cannot be used while driving. The lower plug is always hot. I have no GFCI outlets in the coach. However, I do have several GFCI breakers in the box. They have a white push button to reset thems. Verify you actually do no have power to the receptacle. If you shorted out the circuit with a bad extension cord, maybe you shorted out the appliances too. Have you tried using a GOOD extension cord and plugged them in one at a time to the good plug to ensure they work?? Start with the easy stuff and work backwards...Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Don_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Check your GFI breaker in the Bath or Kitchen on the plug

RVUSA
Explorer
Explorer
my old sea breaze had a 12v relay that supplied the a.c. power for the tv. It was powered "Off" when the ignition was turned on.

prism
Explorer
Explorer
dadd wrote:
Apparently had a bad extension cord short while on the road and now ALL (3) 110 outlets are dead for TV, DVD,VCR and entertainment center.Have checked all fuses and breakers at foot of bed and all fuses under the dash. Outlets still dead. Any ideas????

as posted maybe blew resetable breaker at inverter.

Tom_N
Explorer
Explorer
What motorhome??

Are those 110v outlets powered from your inverter???

-Tom
Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA · W3TLN · FMCA 335149 · Mystic Knights of the Sea
2005 Suncruiser 38R · W24 chassis, no chassis mods needed · 2013 Honda Accord EX-L · 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

charlysmom_dad
Explorer
Explorer
Our outlets for the entertainment center also go through the inverter. There is a circuit breaker on ours that flipped off a couple of times. Just needed to reset it.
2015 Thor Vegas 24.1

phays
Explorer
Explorer
Are these outlets on an inverter? My previous coach had a 300 watt inverter for the entertainment items. Could be blown fuses in inverter or bad inverter.