cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1994 American Eagle approx value

Class_A_DP_1
Explorer
Explorer
I have seen so many of these threads but yet here I go. Sorry, NADA is really of little use on these older coaches.

I am considering a 94 American Eagle, no slides, fair condition at best. It is not a well preserved garage queen. It has been outdoors but no delam or visible leak stains inside anywhere. 120,000 miles. Starts and runs good, generator runs and produces voltage. Body in decent shape except for the little bit of A/E logo vinyl graphics and a single 3/4" pinline that was used as a paint stripe separation. Glass all ok, power front windows need attention (weak and sticky). Tires old, batteries all new. porch and window awnings are done, need replaced. All hydraulics (jacks and genny slide) work but seem a little sluggish. Inside it looks 1994.. we have to change out the purple carpet, and a few furniture pieces. cabinets and all house stuff need minor repairs. Flourescent lighting all needs repair or updated to LED.

It starts fine and airs up. I hear no hissing anywhere under the coach. Bags seem to hold fine.

It has a mid entry and I kinda hate that but I can compromise for the savings of an old coach. All of the work I see that it needs is stuff I can do. If I have to take it to a chassis or diesel shop and end up with a 10,000 bill that will kill me obviously but I have some level of confidence with it. It rides so smooth. Stearing tight, no slop.

Seller is at 15K firm. After my accounting of the parts and stuff, I'd feel much better at 10K. I'd like to enjoy it a couple years and either trade out or sell it for close to my total cash outlay if possible. NADA is way down of course.. like 8K approximately, and they are likely assuming it doesn't even need all that it does at that price. At 10K I think I can do this, What do you folks think about that price?
Prevost XL40 Country Coach Conversion
22 REPLIES 22

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
An almost 25 year old coach has little value. Don and I agree...$7.5k...with maintenance records.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Bruce_Brown
When I first read your description I was thinking $7,500-$10,000 max.

I still feel that way, but honestly I think I'd look a little more first.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
When someone gives him money and takes it away, then you will know how much it was worth. It is only worth what you, or someone, will pay for it.

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Valuing older rigs is subjective - nice older rig with maintenance documents is worth significantly more than one without. I wouldn't buy an older rig if the owners didn't maintain records and would have no problem paying premium price for one that did.
Kevin

10forty2
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, I'd offer $10K and if/when they say they won't budge, walk away amicably, but leave your number in case they change their mind. I wouldn't be surprised if they called you later.
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, 36' Gasser
Triton V10, Ford F53 Chassis
-----------------------------------------

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
A quick trip through all craigs list show the prices of these in the mid 1990s are all over the place. Saw one for $7k and another for $40k. Stick with 10K. The tires are going to run you about $3k anyway.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Offer him 7500 at most

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
I'd never buy an RV that old. Anyway, try walking away from the deal and see how firm the seller is.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE