cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1994 Winnie Chieftan 34 Ford chassis (F53 ?) BRAKES

rvmotorhome11
Explorer
Explorer
I cannot determine (BEFORE) I start pulling off the wheels, what disc pads & rotors I need for subj Winnie - even multiple Winne dealers cannot advise (NONE of them do brakes) and on-line brake suppliers cannot helpme out; 4 wheel disc set-up --- can anyone help me out?
THANKS, JIM IN PISMO BEACH, CA
8 REPLIES 8

ddndoug
Explorer
Explorer
Go to NAPA or rockauto.com.

Doug
2009 Four Winds Hurricane 33T
F53 Ford Chassis w/Triton V-10

sailor_lou
Explorer
Explorer
Our previous rig was a 97 Winne Vectra on a F53 (460 V8) and when I replaced the calipers the local auto parts place informed me that Ford used a couple of different brake setups in that timeframe. I don't know if that applies to all years, but would recommend you either take a pic with measurements or bring the old ones with you when you go to get replacement parts.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy

Trumpet_Player
Explorer
Explorer
rvmotorhome11 wrote:
I cannot determine (BEFORE) I start pulling off the wheels, what disc pads & rotors I need for subj Winnie - even multiple Winne dealers cannot advise (NONE of them do brakes) and on-line brake suppliers cannot helpme out; 4 wheel disc set-up --- can anyone help me out?
THANKS, JIM IN PISMO BEACH, CA

Simply take your VIN number to your local Ford dealer.

Safe travels.
2012 American Coach Revolution

2Bargos
Explorer
Explorer
The F53 chassis that my 96 bounder sits on is basically an F550 ford truck chassis.I replaced my brake pads and a couple of the calipers last year and everything for an f550 fits perfectly.

I paid $28.95 (per axle at a carquest auto parts) for the brake pads,the caliper was around $60 and If you will check on ebay the rotors sell for $55-$60 each
2006 F-250
2008 Cherokee 28A+
2003 Harley Ultra
A wife that enjoys my hobbies as much as I do.
A Day Hemmed in prayer seldom comes unraveled

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
Go to RockAuto.com and key in Ford/1994/F53 to see what they have. You can then use those numbers locally.

All you need do is tell the local parts guy it's for an F53. Napa and O'Rielly should understand. If they don't then they need to keep looking.

It also pays to change the brake fluid on the older F53. You will save yourself a lot of headaches later.
There’s no fool, like an old fool.

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
Due to the using different components from the factory it is recommended to remove the parts first and carry them to match up with the new ones before buying... Advance, O'Rilleys. Auto Zone, NAPA, etc. should have the parts.

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
Jim,
I cannot give you exact part numbers, (sorry) but, I've done brakes on our last motor home, a '99 Fleetwood Bounder, 34V also with the F-53 Chassis. Now, it too was disc all the way around. I gave the maintenance records to our daughter and son-in-law who purchased the coach from us. But, basically, your is either identical to an F-350 or F-450 Chassis. Possibly an F-550. Again, sorry for no real details.

I replaced both the rotors, calipers and pads. It was cheap for the rotors if I recall. I think, at the time, (which was well over about 8 years ago), they were only about $75.00 for the front two. The rears were not worn at all. In fact, the rear brakes were only inspected and not one part was replaced at or near, 50K miles.

I remember doing the job, just not the particulars like part numbers. Good luck.
Scott
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

aslakson
Explorer
Explorer
How about your local Ford dealer - if they service mid-size trucks, they'll know.

al
Fulltiming since Apr 2007 in 2000 Rexhall Aerbus, towing 2012 Honda CRV. 47 of the lower 48 so far.