cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2001 36' Bounder questions

Stranger
Explorer
Explorer
Bought a 2001 Bounder yesterday. After we got home we did a more thorough look. I know about 6v GC batteries for "House". Would like to have 4 but so far have only found 2.

Here's the rub. I think the durned thing has just the 2. No 12v chassis battery.

Trying to decide if I want to put back as built or leave it as is.

Thoughts?

Thanks.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting "Wow, what a ride!".
2012 Mesa Ridge 345RLS
2002 RAM 3500
6 REPLIES 6

Stranger
Explorer
Explorer
How 'bout that? I went and looked under the hood and there it is. 3 y/o but, the 3rd battery is there.

Now, I need to wipe egg off my face.

Thanks.
safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting "Wow, what a ride!".
2012 Mesa Ridge 345RLS
2002 RAM 3500

tommy_g
Explorer
Explorer
Stranger wrote:
Bought a 2001 Bounder yesterday. After we got home we did a more thorough look. I know about 6v GC batteries for "House". Would like to have 4 but so far have only found 2.

Here's the rub. I think the durned thing has just the 2. No 12v chassis battery.

Trying to decide if I want to put back as built or leave it as is.

Thoughts?

Thanks.
Are you saying that the battery configuration has been changed from original and the chassis battery removed? I couldn't understand why anyone would do this. My 1998 has all three batteries mounted just behind the grill. The chassis battery is high on the driver side and the two 6v are mounted low on each side. We don't boondock much so this setup works well for us.
1998 Bounder 36s F53 460 V8 Banks power & Honda Accord toad

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
Depending on your electrical needs and how much TV,etc you use 2 6v GC batteries should be fine. My 2 batteries last 7 days before they get to 50% SOC. Everyone has different requirements fulltimers live in the MH and would need more amp hrs than a W/E camper who likes to sit around a fire at night.

jy
Explorer
Explorer
It should have a 12 volt battery for the chassis.Should be in front of the motor on the passenger side,usually acsesed from the front hood.
2016 wildwood bunkhouse,2018 f150 5.0.Camping with the grandkids now.

Stranger
Explorer
Explorer
More info.
Gas, Ford V-10 F550 chassis.
2012 Mesa Ridge 345RLS
2002 RAM 3500

sehunter
Explorer
Explorer
Is it gas or diesel?
Stan
2008 Bounder
38P, W24, 8.1L, 3 Slides
2019 tow dolly hydraulic brakes