cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2001 DSDP Freightliner Chassis, no Brake lights

Lewis
Explorer
Explorer
2001 DSDP Freightliner Chassis, air brake system, no Brake lights.
No Brake lights, but left/right turn signals work OK. This is with or without toad attached. Emergency flasher do work. Have checked bulbs, no recent work on coach, no brake light with engine running and full air pressure, or engine off.

Thanks for any help.
Lewis
2001 38' Dutch Star, DP
1992 Honda Toad
Marietta, GA

Lewis
7 REPLIES 7

Lewis
Explorer
Explorer
Thought I would update my Brake Light problem.
As suggested I contacted Freightliner and asked for a copy of electrical prints for my Vin number. They responded very quick with an attached PDF file. The prints were very helpful, Freightliner did a good job in documentation. The problem was a broken wire between the last FL connector and the Brake switch. The cable had been Ty-wrapped tight against an air line support and worn into. The area was fairly accessible after I pulled the Generator out. Replaced the wire and am now in business.

Thanks for the good suggestions.
Lewis Green
2001 38' Dutch Star, DP
1992 Honda Toad
Marietta, GA

Lewis

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
Like I have said 3 times now check the fuse before anything else

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
On the Freightliner chassis, there are two brake light switches, located on the bottom of the air brake tredle. You must access them from under the coach.

You should have two black boxes that are included with the basic chassis containing relays and fuses. These two boxes are strapped to the chassis for delivery by Freightliner, and the final placement is made by the coach builder. On my Holiday Rambler, they are in the bin below the driver's seat. Your's should be somewhere near the front of the coach.

Find these to boxes, and look at the labels inside the box covers to find fuses and relays that may affect the brake light circuit.

You can also call the Freightliner help desk (free service). Have your vin number handy as they will ask for that. 1 800 FTL HELP)

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

siggyd777
Explorer
Explorer
The brake light switch is under the brake pedal.(or very close to)
Siggy
Happy Trails
Siggy & Ursula
2011 Dutch Star 4020,ISL 400,Compr.brake,FTL XCR,IFS
Allison MH3000
2015 Jeep Cherokee,4x4 Active Drive II,V6 , Brake Buddy,Roadmaster Sterling,
Camping since 1975 Pop-Up,1986 22Ft.TT,1999 Gas MH,2005 KSDP,
2011 DSDP,FMCA 368283

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
11178adm wrote:
possibly has a bad stoplight switch. I don't know where yours is located but they are usually installed in the foot valve or in a air distribution block near the foot valve, freightliner should be able to give you a general location.

absolutely however as I asked the OP is the fuse good? no 12V no workie

11178adm
Explorer
Explorer
possibly has a bad stoplight switch. I don't know where yours is located but they are usually installed in the foot valve or in a air distribution block near the foot valve, freightliner should be able to give you a general location.

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
Lewis wrote:
2001 DSDP Freightliner Chassis, air brake system, no Brake lights.
No Brake lights, but left/right turn signals work OK. This is with or without toad attached. Emergency flasher do work. Have checked bulbs, no recent work on coach, no brake light with engine running and full air pressure, or engine off.

Thanks for any help.
Lewis

Ok so the brake lite fuse is good? are the signals separate from the brake lites