cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2010 Roadtrek Mercerator / Pump

Tanya6520
Explorer
Explorer
The gray and black tanks are full. We can hear the pump, but it is not pumping anything out. We are traveling from Marietta Ohio I-77 to Statesville NC. and then on to Augusta GA.
Any suggestions would be appreciated as to what we can do or where we might stop to get someone to help us or what the problem might be.
8 REPLIES 8

Tanya6520
Explorer
Explorer
What would Liquid Plumber do?

Bob_N_
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,

There is a Camping World right off I-77 at Statesville, NC, I think at exit 49. I cannot attest to the quality of the service department, but it is less than a half mile off your route. You might check it out before detouring to Claremont. The other RV place Handbasket is referring to is on I-40 at Mocksville. I have no idea about their service.
Bob N
2002LTV Freedom 2a

Explorer
Explorer
There is a handle to turn by hand that will turn the impeller inside the Roadtrek macerator. (This replaced needing a screw driver on newer RTs.) Its location depends on model in a 2010. If you have a Chevy RT then it should be under the van near the macerator. I believe the process is push in to engage and can turn in both directions. In a Sprinter it may be inside. Check your RT manual for location. Do this without pushing the macerator button and see what happens - then push the button to try to dump. If this does not work then the impeller inside the macerator may be broken - which is not uncommon if something got stuck in there. Replacement can be done on your own if you are handy, can get the part, and can get to the macerator to open it. Otherwise take it to an RT or RV service center for replacement. Since you hear the motor turning, the motor has not burned out and there is power and the switch works, if the dump gate is open, the only thing left is a bad impeller (grinder and what makes the water flow).
Roadtrek 190 Popular 2011

Meryl and Me Hit the Road

Handbasket
Explorer
Explorer
If you travel west on I-40 about 25 miles from the I-77 junction at Statesville, you'll come to the Claremont exit. There's a Pleasureway dealer there who was a Roadtrek dealer until a few years ago. "Carolina Coach & Camper", I think. They may be able to help.

Closer, there's a big RV dealer on I-40 just a few miles west of I-77. Don't know the name or if they have any B experience.

Good luck with it.

Jim, "The wages of sin are death. But after they get done taking out taxes, it's just a tired feeling."
'06 Tiger CX 'C Minus' on a Silverado 2500HD 4x4, 8.1 & Allison (aka 'Loafer's Glory')

Tanya6520
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the info, we will see how it goes tomorrow as we travel.

pickerel_cove
Explorer
Explorer
One more thing, since the gray tank was also full and we were nowhere near services, and there's not really any way on the Winnebago to bypass the pump, we left the drain open. It dribbled out very slowly as we traveled.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Are the valves to/from macerator open?

Do you have a 'bypass' so you can dump without using pump?

Motor running but no pumping...sounds like clogged or broken impeller. That means having to disassemble pump end. Should be able to do with just a minor mess....make sure all valves are closed first then place pan under pump when taking apart.

On motor end..check for rubber boot. Remove it and use a flat blade screw driver in slot to turn impeller (clockwise) if clogged.

Quick goggle search should get you an 'exploded view' of pump
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

pickerel_cove
Explorer
Explorer
We just had this problem with our 2010 Winnebago ERA also while we were on the road. Not sure if your setup is similar, but the clearance was an issue for us. We did drive up on blocks to get additional room and were able to take off the pump from the tank side and verify that there was no blockage there, but were unable to get the outbound side disassembled. It is as expected a messy, stinky job. According to other posts we've seen, the blades inside might be troubled by hair wrapped around them. Items as small as olive pits can also disable them. We were forced to go in for service and have the pump replaced. Cost for pump and install was around $500. Had we been able to do it ourselves, we would have taken the pump apart to see if the blades were affected. With the new pump, the sound is totally different so we suspect that it hasn't been working at peak for some time. Best of luck.