cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 Seneca wheel size?

GL
Explorer
Explorer
We just looked at a 2015 model Jayco Seneca and the sales guy was mentioning the new 22.5 inch wheels.

Anyone know what size were on the 2014? From the Jayco website I can see they were also the Alcoa aluminum rims, but they don't say what size.

Any other key differences from 2014 to 2015? (specifically, we were looking at a 37TS)

Thanks!
2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 4x4 D/A (LLY) Dually Crew Cab
2007 Jayco Recon F36V
9 REPLIES 9

GL
Explorer
Explorer

Hey GL - we drove our new Seneca back from Florida over the weekend. Power was good overall, although it did slow noticeably on the steeper grades through VA / WVA. We maintained the speed limit for most of the trip (around 70), and although we did slow on the hills, we still passed most of the 18-wheelers. I haven't hooked up the toad yet - curious to see how it does with the extra weight behind.

Overall, we're VERY happy so far!

Hey, congratulations on the new RV! Sounds like you're having fun with it already. Glad to hear your return trip went well. I think some slow down on the steep grades is to be expected, but from what I've heard so far it's tolerable.

I'll be interested to hear about your towing experience.
-Greg
2007 Jayco Recon F36V

anav8or
Explorer
Explorer
anav8or wrote:
GL wrote:
anav8or wrote:
Based on everything I've seen, the wheel size looks to be the same on both model years.

Thanks for the reply! Your sig says you have a 2015 Seneca? Any thoughts on it so far?

I'm wondering how it handles hills - especially if you're towing.

We're headed to Florida next week to pick it up - I'll let you know after the drive back. Everything I've read says it has plenty of power. Guess we'll see...

Hey GL - we drove our new Seneca back from Florida over the weekend. Power was good overall, although it did slow noticeably on the steeper grades through VA / WVA. We maintained the speed limit for most of the trip (around 70), and although we did slow on the hills, we still passed most of the 18-wheelers. I haven't hooked up the toad yet - curious to see how it does with the extra weight behind.

Overall, we're VERY happy so far!
Pilot, Navigator and three crazy labs
2015 Jayco Seneca 36FK
2014 Honda CR-V toad

GL
Explorer
Explorer
Prairie Wanderer wrote:
GL,
I purchased a 2015 Seneca 37TS in late June and left for Alaska the first week of July towing a Jeep Wrangler. Initally driving in the mountains I thought it was a little underpowered but the engine seemed to get stronger as we got more miles on it. Very happy with it now. We ended up putting about 10000 miles on it. Love the rig so far! Mark

Good to hear, Mark - you pretty much described exactly what I want to do with it...trip to Alaska, towing a Jeep Wrangler. 🙂

One of the main reasons I'm thinking about moving from a 5th wheel to the Seneca is to take longer trips with the kids - fewer potty and snack breaks. Having some space to work with during the drive will make longer trips much more enjoyable for all of us.

Thanks for the info!
-Greg
2007 Jayco Recon F36V

Prairie_Wandere
Explorer
Explorer
Mike, Mileage was right around 8-9.5 towing on our Alaska trip. I can't think of anything to look out for. The tankless waterheater took a little playing around with temp control to get it just right. No major problems.

yayamike
Explorer
Explorer
We just ordered a 37ts also
we will not get it until mid January.
we're downsizing from a 45ft country coach 09 . Sick of maintaining it and 5 mpg .Of course we're wondering if we're doing the right thing .Can anyone tell us the fuel milage and anything to look out for.
mike

Prairie_Wandere
Explorer
Explorer
GL,
I purchased a 2015 Seneca 37TS in late June and left for Alaska the first week of July towing a Jeep Wrangler. Initally driving in the mountains I thought it was a little underpowered but the engine seemed to get stronger as we got more miles on it. Very happy with it now. We ended up putting about 10000 miles on it. Love the rig so far! Mark

anav8or
Explorer
Explorer
GL wrote:
anav8or wrote:
Based on everything I've seen, the wheel size looks to be the same on both model years.

Thanks for the reply! Your sig says you have a 2015 Seneca? Any thoughts on it so far?

We're headed to Florida next week to pick it up - I'll let you know after the drive back. Everything I've read says it has plenty of power. Guess we'll see...
2015 Jayco Seneca 36FK
2014 Honda CR-V toad

GL
Explorer
Explorer
anav8or wrote:

2007 Jayco Recon F36V

anav8or
Explorer
Explorer
2015 Jayco Seneca 36FK
2014 Honda CR-V toad