cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 fleetwood discovery 40G

STEVEP220
Explorer
Explorer
I am thinking about purchasing a new 2015 fleetwood discovery. I would like to know what you think of fleetwood products,where you would put them in the food chain and do you have experience with owning a 2015 Discovery? Do you think it is equal to a 2015 Phaeton? Thanks for the info.

Steve
7 REPLIES 7

Gig_em
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2010 40G and really enjoy it. With 3 kids we looked at everything with bunks, which was only 5 models at the time. I can't remember the difference in each coach that pushed us to the Discovery, but remember there were a lot of little things. Over all we liked the layout better especially in the main area. We liked the U shaped table. In some of the coaches the bunks weren't accessible with the slides in. In others the TV in the main area was covered I with the slides in. It's hard for the kids to watch TV when we're driving if it's behind a wall.

The closest dealer to me is almost 300 miles, so I repair as much as I can myself. As Blaster Man says, Fleetwood customer service is fantastic. I call them several times a yr with a questions. They're always quick with an answer or an email with a schematic. Spartan Chassis customer service is the same.

The one thing that frustrates me on the Discovery (maybe it's changed, I doubt it) are the plastic pieces. There's 10 or so of them in the coach. They keep the closet doors closed, sliding bathroom doors from swinging, etc. They constantly break. When one breaks I buy 5. I'm guessing there in all the coaches, but would look.

We're not in the market for our next coach so I can't compare what's out there today. If we were, I'd look at everything, but certainly buy another Fleetwood with no hesitation.

dubdub07
Explorer
Explorer
rr2254545 wrote:
No way comparable to Tiffin

And this is from a Winnebago owner

Since I have done a ton of research on this I would not say "No way comparable", but the Phaeton is a little nicer coach. But not much. The price on new will reflect, but not much. I am not sure that Phaeton even does a bunkhouse. But either way, the FW 40G is a nice, nice coach and should be had for around $220K, new. You would think it is a much nicer coach for the money but you get down in the Allegro Red (Tiffin) and the 40G is a MUCH nicer coach. We also looked at Thor Pallazzo (keep walking) and the Berkshire. Walk in each coach, then drive them. 40G has three A/Cs, big genny, in-motion sat, and washer and dryer. Also ceramic tile and lots of other amenities. Not an Allegro Bus, better than an Allegro Red, and online with a Phaeton, just NOT quite a Phaeton, but so close!

We settled on a 40G, but if it is settling, we did great. I am in the Ouray, CO KOA sitting in my coach right now and am very pleased with our purchase. 2 years and counting. Ours is a '13.

WW
2013 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
TOADS: 12 Jeep JKUR Wrangler, 16 Cherokee Trailhawk, 15 Grand Cherokee, 13 RAM 1500 Longhorn (not a toad) American STEEL = American profits
RET USAF MSGT (26yrs) and still DoD ATC.
DW,DS,DD in the MH w/Westley the killer PUG!

tinkerer
Explorer
Explorer
Not defending the Discovery but I happen to be friends with a fellow who bought a new 2014 Tiffin Allegro bus and it's been nothing but problems. There were so many problems that Tiffin didn't give him the time enough to get all the problems fixed that he had to take to an independent dealer to get some of the problems fixed and fight with Tiffen to pay the for the repairs. They eventually paid it with a fight. The point is it's not all a bed of roses like many seem to think with Tiffin.;)

Valkyriebush
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is there a way to delete a double post.
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

Valkyriebush
Explorer II
Explorer II
Discovery has come a long ways! Very nice. I think the Tiffen model you mentioned may be a little more up scale in chassis, coach and price.
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
FW's tech phone service is second to none...as is factory service. As for comparison...check the prices, if they are about the same, they are comparable.
2014 American Eagle

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
No way comparable to Tiffin

And this is from a Winnebago owner
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks