cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2016 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 25B/Purchase Question

LakeN
Explorer
Explorer
Wondering if anyone can share their driving experience with this particular model. Have a deal in the works but very distraught to learn that the 2016 model has only a V8 5.4L engine on an E350 chassis. (compared to V10 6.8L in identical unit built in 2015) Also learned that the identical model for 2017 will be V10 engine on a E450 chassis.

Seeking any info as we have to make a decision on an acceptable replacement for our totaled Minnie Winnie. All comments appreciated!

Will also be looking at a larger Minnie as an option to solve replacement dilemma.

Would you purchase a 26 ft Winnebago with only a V8 5.4L engine?? we plan to tow a 3000# Focus.
'16 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 25B
'14 Ford Focus Titanium Toad with Blue Ox tow system
4 REPLIES 4

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Funny you should ask... THIS week. Week before last week my answer would be different.

Our coach runs right at 14000 and we have a V10. Most of our camping is near home in FL and I'd felt V10 was overkill.

Week before last, we went to the Blue Ridge mountains in northeast Georgia. Towed a Corolla. That trip made me glad it was V10. Even wish it was bigger...

So, unless you plan on being MUCH lighter than the 16000 or so that we were on our recent trip... V10!!! I was Just There and Just Did That.

For the Winnebago, wonder what they're up to. Most of the time I see a consolidation into the E450 with V10, even in smaller coaches. My vote would be to look for a leftover '15, wait for a '17, or push for a special order.

As noted above, E450 is standard with V10 but E350 offers both.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
According to the Winnebago web site that model comes with the V10. Only the 22R comes with the 5.4L, with the V10 as am option for that model. Perhaps your dealer ordered a 25B with the 5.4L ? Check other dealers.
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

tpi
Explorer
Explorer
I would wait for the V10 if you're planning to tow-especially if more than local trips for you. I have one of the smallest lightest class Cs currently available with the V10. Most I ever tow is a Harley on a small trailer. I would not want any reduction of power-or in a practical sense-more engine racing from a smaller engine.

I could live with the V8 power if I had very limited elevation changes, lack of winds, and other real world conditions affecting motorhomes. Specifically the smaller engine would work for me if I was driving locally in benign conditions.

The V8 would probably be fine in lower profile true class B coaches.

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not to tow, although the Focus just might barely fit into the 13,000 pound GCWR of the E-350 cutaway with 5.4 V-8.

I have both E-450 with 6.8 (very heavy motorhome), E-350 with 5.4 (but slightly taller gearing than the cutaway, 12 passenger van). The V-8 is frequently on the edge of unlocking the torque converter or even dropping out of overdrive at highway speeds when I'm moderately loaded and not towing. I suspect towing with the E-350 carrying a motorhome that large is going to mean locking out overdrive, moving cruise RPM from something in the low 2000s up to something over 3000 RPM. The engine can do that, but it is not fun to listen to.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B