cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

3M MARINE RESTORER & WAX

Coachmen63
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased a 1 liter bottle of 3M Marine Restorer and Wax #09006 from Amazon for our Class A MH and so far it has performed as advertised. The white fiberglass (non painted) sections of our unit was starting to show considerable oxidation. This stuff removed the oxidation and left a nice smooth shine. It is quite a bit of work, but I haven't purchased a wool applicator pad and am putting it on by hand (wax on - wax off). When I was waxing the front of the MH I put some on the yellow turn signal lenses and it took off the dull haze that was on them. I also used it on the headlight lenses on my '98 Ford Ranger and was surprised to see that it removed the haze on them. Lenses feel very smooth and did not appear to scratch the plastic at all. This product comes from Palm Beach Motoring Group in Stuart, FL.
Just some FYI for everyone.

Finished cleaning/waxing our MH with the 3M Marine Restorer and it looks GREAT!! Ended up purchasing 2 Compounding Pads from AB's Gloves and Abrasives in Sturgis, Michigan to help with the task. Pads were $12.50 ea. with free shipping. I had a 7" sander/polisher that I purchased at Harbor Freight with a hook and loop attachment. The pads were 7-1/2" in diameter and went right onto the tool. Sure made it a lot easier!! The directions on the 3M bottle says to buff until product disappears. That is what I did and this helps greatly with the removal of the remaining product. Very little effort required.
6 REPLIES 6

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
My '07 WBO View C class needs the same thing, thanks for the info, found it on Amazon, will order it.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
Buy a Orbital Polisher for around $40 and you'll be happy and not so sweaty.

http://www.amazon.com/Carrand-94001AS-Professional-Automotive-Polisher/dp/B0038YNA16/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1462844206&sr=8-4&keywords=orbital+polisher

1ofmany
Explorer
Explorer
Less work would be nice, but I would settle for something that actually works!

wildmanbaker
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, I'm always looking to reduce the work load.
Wildmanbaker

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thank you for the tip. Have not used it. I have a friend with an older Casita. Will forward your suggestion.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks!
Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X