cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

a/c heater control

kwplot34
Explorer
Explorer
98 Fleetwood Tioga class c. having problems with the a/c heater control. it is a Coleman Mach, found no part number on it. has 3 switches, system switch has cool, fan, off, heat. another switch has auto high, low and on high, low. the switch is the temp selector.
The problem is, to get the a/c to come on you have to jiggle the system switch and the same for the heater, can sometimes take 10-15 minutes to get them to kick on. Once on the system works fine. I would like to replace it with a digital unit. Any suggestions on what I can replace it with? or can this one be fixed?
4 REPLIES 4

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
YES you can change your old analog to a digital t-stat

Any Hunter/Honeywell/Lux digital t-stat that uses the AA batteries will work.

The Hunter from Amazon will do.......but you should be able to find one cheaper at Walmart/ACE Hardware on the shelf etc.

Very simple change out
Only issue is the digitals don't have A/C FAN HI/LO speed settings.
That is why the LINK shows installation of a mini toggle switch.

I never used LO on my A/C Unit because...not much difference in fan noise and LO can cause 'icing' problems on Evap Cooler due to low air flow.
I always used HI so when I swapped t-stats I just wired it for HI FAN and didn't do the toggle switch.

Much better temp control with the digital. Did mine 8 yrs ago. Change batteries once a year----they power the display.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

kwplot34
Explorer
Explorer
Is this the same unit?
http://www.amazon.com/Supco-43054-Electronic-Digital-Thermostats/dp/B004OM5R9O/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1437271307&sr=8-6&keywords=Hunter+thermostat&linkCode=sl1&tag=lo02f-20&linkId=65bc9008b32c6ec7ab78db18df15b3b5

When I do a search for the Hunter, this is what keeps coming up, looks the same as the hunter but has a different name and model#

kwplot34
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Coleman To Hunter Digital T-stat.......LINK

Thanks for the link. Mine does not look exactly like coleman unit they pictured, mine is older. Do you think the digital one will still wire up to mine? have you done this swap?

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Coleman To Hunter Digital T-stat.......LINK
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31