cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air Conditioning condensation

iamalienru
Explorer
Explorer
My air conditioners put out a lot of condensation it gets in my awning track and ended up creating corrosion to the rivets holding the track i have replaced the rivets but what i would like to know is what types of rain or water diversion systems have been used and lasted for a good period of time. I have seen rain gutters on the internet but which ones hold up. I have also have put silicone on the rivets and track to help with any water damage. Thanks in advance for any input on this subject
Tom
9 REPLIES 9

Ken_C
Explorer
Explorer
iamalienru wrote:
My air conditioners put out a lot of condensation it gets in my awning track and ended up creating corrosion to the rivets holding the track i have replaced the rivets but what i would like to know is what types of rain or water diversion systems have been used and lasted for a good period of time. I have seen rain gutters on the internet but which ones hold up. I have also have put silicone on the rivets and track to help with any water damage. Thanks in advance for any input on this subject

I would replace the rivets with stainless steel versions. Also consider covering them with calk to keep the water from corroding them.
Ken
2018 Newmar Dutchstar
Spartan K2
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk

iamalienru
Explorer
Explorer
My American Eagle is not falling apart i keep my coach level and the water drain in the same spot thus the end awning rivets have issues with the constant water. I drilled out those rivets replaced the with new and put silicon to protect just looking for a good way to divert the water
Tom

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Make the RV lean the other way
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Condensation is a fact of life with air conditioners - you might consider caulking as others have recommended or simply adjusting the tilt of the RV so the condensation flows off in a different direction.
Kevin

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
You could also take off the cover on the roof and see if you just have a hole for the water to come out. If so put in a fitting and attach a tube and run it where every you want using Dicor or other and solve your issues. As stated you can not see it from the ground.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
We've never had a problem either. But I don't know how the gutter is attached to the rig. I like stainless steel screws #8 x 1 inch for the RV connections.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
It's kind of ghetto, but you could put a bead of non leveling Dicor down the roof and over to a corner. That would at least channel the water away from the awning. And unless you're up on the roof you would never see it.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'd be looking into why the rivets are corroding. My trailer is 21 years old and it isn't falling apart. Maybe you have dissimilar metals there?