cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All in the same boat?

Fla_Tom1
Explorer
Explorer
For everyone on this forum did you pay for your own motorhome? If you are buying a motorhome do you not want to know the good , bad and the ugly? I personaly(along with my wife) have paid for all of ours. Why do some get so caught up in brand loyalty that they attack anyone that has had a problem with "their brand" to the point of calling them a liar or some type of meleficent person. I think these forums are a place to exchange open honest information. When I post a problem I have had or not had I do so to empower the person asking the question . I have no vested interest in any rv manufacturer and will post my honest experiences. How can we as consumers make good decisions without honest feed back? If I could combime the best of winnebago newmar and tiffin I would ha e an awesome coach but one has to take them as they come weaknesses and strengths
23 REPLIES 23

mpierce
Explorer
Explorer
Fla Tom wrote:
Kayteg1 wrote:
Buyer education is buyer education.
I can bring thousands of samples how poor it is, but the most important:
-Ford F150 is one of the deadliest vehicles on Planet for decades, yet beats in sales all the competition.
-diesels save you lot of money on fuel alone, not even going to life expectancy, yet the owners who did not put extra money up front for the option- will bash the smart ones endlessly.
In my life I did own about 20 brands.
Lately stick to Mercedes and Ford Superduty as those seem to work for me well.
Not saying other brands are not better, but knowing the brand helps on new vehicle a lot.
BTW my vintage Prevost is on the market for $20k, yet buyers would rather spend more money on new dead traps, than seek safety in coaches with no warranty on mechanics.
I actually wanted to buy a used bluebird and have the interior redone(would have been close to the cost of our new coach) but wife wanted new.

Sounds like a LOT of people, especially women. They love the fru fru, don't care about the "bones" under the fru fru! When that "new" is worn off in a few years, that old Vintage BluBird will still be looking good.

Fla_Tom1
Explorer
Explorer
But if you have a problem with a certain brand why do people do all but call you an
out right lier?I want to know about issues people have (rare or not) with an RV I may be considering purchasing.

tinkerer
Explorer
Explorer
I have said it before and I will say it again. The worst motorhome you can buy is one you can't afford!:W

infogeek
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a motorhome I could afford and had a floor plan that worked for me. I like it, and other than maintenance issues that go with age and mileage, I'm happy. Yeah, I'd love a Prevost. Ain't gonna happen in my lifetime. I see no point in criticizing others' choices, because I like to assume they made the best decision for themselves at the time of purchase.

That, and I think that if we aren't happy with our choice, we can sell and buy something different.
Jon

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
mtofell1 wrote:
If you find it contentious in here all I can say is don't spend any time over in "Tow Vehicles." It's worse than people pushing and defending a religion 🙂

All kidding aside, I find a lot of variation in the hostility throughout the various forums on RVnet. Tow vehicles is by far the worst. Travel trailers isn't too bad but 5th wheels is much more friendly. Class A is by far the most friendly and respectful.

It's kind of a microcosm of any large city in the USA. You're much more likely to find someone throwing a hubcap at their spouse in a trailer park than in a suburb area of nice houses.

LOL Yeah TV section can be brutal at times. At least this section don't have to many folks with a axe to grind or a brand to hate. Mention Ram to certain people will get their blood boiling :W
2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin

10forty2
Explorer
Explorer
My coach is 1' longer than yours..... just sayin'......:p :B
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, 36' Gasser
Triton V10, Ford F53 Chassis
-----------------------------------------

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Try going to the Tech Forum and posting a question about a non-Apple tablet...
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

wirenutz
Explorer
Explorer
jumps over to "Tow Vehicles." just to stir the pot, lol
2007 All American Sport Toy Hauler 38 foot, 14,400 LBS dry weight
1999 Four Door Freightliner,new 6 Speed Auto, new Cat Motor, 12,600 LBS, rear air dump, lowers rear by 3", air activated rear locker, air ride seats, air ride cab, air ride suspension

tkcas01
Explorer
Explorer
Or... another way to look at it:

It is common practice for Class A drivers to "wave" as they meet on highways, but I don't think those driving a Class A will wave at someone pulling the fanciest of fifth wheels.

Also, I suspect there have been times when a CEO out for a ride on his "hog" has exchanged the down-low peace sign with a gang member on his hog, but I bet if they met with the CEO in his Mercedes it would be a different matter.

Bottom line, people are pack animals!
Roaming Full Timer

tkcas01
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe the question should be... "did you birth your own motorhome?"
Roaming Full Timer

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
If you find it contentious in here all I can say is don't spend any time over in "Tow Vehicles." It's worse than people pushing and defending a religion 🙂

All kidding aside, I find a lot of variation in the hostility throughout the various forums on RVnet. Tow vehicles is by far the worst. Travel trailers isn't too bad but 5th wheels is much more friendly. Class A is by far the most friendly and respectful.

It's kind of a microcosm of any large city in the USA. You're much more likely to find someone throwing a hubcap at their spouse in a trailer park than in a suburb area of nice houses.

tinkerer
Explorer
Explorer
Then there is the old diesel vs gas p------ match. The Gas owner generally know more about diesel coaches than diesel owners themselves. And it's the same as diesel owners know more about gas motorhomes than the gasser owners!:B

Fla_Tom1
Explorer
Explorer
I guess my point is I like my current coach but will readily tell someone its short commings(as I would hope they would do for me if /when I was looking.)

Fla_Tom1
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
Beside above, there is always possible pissing match and IMHO the Ford v/s Chevy is just that.

I like the picture but I am glad I didnt have to tape the levels.