cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Allure Resilient Vinyl Plank Flooring

nbargolf
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have any resent experience with Allure Resilient Vinyl Plank Flooring. This isn't laminate but vinyl flooring, I have read a lot of comments about it but most of the negative stuff is 3-4 years old. Maybe they have improved the product. Just curious as we will be replacing the carpet in our MH soon.
10 REPLIES 10

MustangGT
Explorer
Explorer
I used Armstrong Crescendo vinyl tiles from Lowes here.. Installed easily and stuck VERY tight after rolling on the self stick tile primer they recommend. Grouted my tiles with about a 1/8" gap, then sealed, even though the grout says sealer is not needed. 2 years of 100+ degree summer heat and down to ~20 degrees during winter storage. No gaps, no peeling, no shrinkage. Actually no signs of wear despite about 5,000 miles of trips. AND surprised me as road noise rumble is decreased too!
Total DIY cost for my 34' class A front to back, and on the slide floor was about $500. Wife gave me an A+ for getting rid of the carpet.
Mark, Jean, Paul & Lizzy (the mutt, RIP)
1997 Fleetwood Southwind Storm 34LS >
Thirsty, noisy & clunky. She ain't pretty, but she sure is fun!
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines." Enzo Ferrari

topflite51
Explorer
Explorer
Installed in MH approximately 4 years ago. No problems, very satisfied. It does expand and contract with temperature changes, but installing as per instructions has created NO problems. Those with separation and buckling problems probably did not follow instructions 100%. Most likely the flooring is not installed as a full float as required. When I installed mine there were no warnings about not using in RV's and boats.
:CDavid
Just rolling along enjoying life
w/F53 Southwind towing a 87 Samurai or 01 Grand Vitara looking to fish
Simply Despicable ๐Ÿ˜›
Any errors are a result of CRS.:s

USARMYCW
Explorer
Explorer
I have it in my MH and have had no problems.

yankee_camper
Explorer
Explorer
I put it in my 5th wheel 2 years ago and love it.Holding up well,looks great and very easy to clean and maintain. It is a "floating" floor so you have to leave a small gap where it butts up against an immoveable item like cabinets. I wouldn't hesitate to use it again.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of recent posts on allure.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Yaj
Explorer
Explorer
As said it's not intended to be used in a RV. I didn't know that, told the sales people at Home Depot I was using it in a MH, they said it should work great, they were wrong. It has shrunk with the cold and opened up gaps between the planks. Home Depot and Allure both said so sad, sorry no help. I would not use it again.

BuckBarker
Explorer
Explorer
You will find a disclaimer in the instructions and packaging that the product is not to be used in RV or marine applications. That said, I used in in mine with no problems. Mine is the glue strip product. If it fails you will have no recourse with Allure or Home Depot but the product is cheap enough to give it a go.

Usmcsousa
Explorer
Explorer
For the price it cant be beat.Very easy DIY install compared to other flooring. I installed ours in October, The weather was hot and humid at the time, Temps have gone UP and down drastically since the install and it still looks great. Dont expect a million dollar floor at $1.79 per square. For the price its great, thin, easy install, durable, and doesn't look like cheap stick on laminate.
Here is a link to our install.
Home is where the Marine Corps sends me.

Klueck
Explorer
Explorer
We have had Allure Ultra for almost 2 years of fulltime living. We like it fine, but should have used an underlayment because you can see marks from the wood underneath. The installer didn't do what the directions said and didn't leave 1/8 inch space so we've had some buckling. His fault, not the fault of the flooring.

Here is the link I posted on my blog.

A few years before that DH and I installed the old style Allure flooring on our previous motorhome. It was the Allure that had the glue strips. It was nice, but when a slide leaked, it caused the glue to come undone and we had to replace a few planks.

Here

is the link to the blog when we did the installation ourselves. By the way, we DID leave the 1/8 inch gap as instruced by Allure and never had any buckling!

We have had no trouble with the Allure that was the fault of the product. We are fulltimers, so the rig is not kept in cold climates with no heat, or hot climate with no AC. It has worked well for us, but next time I would put down some nice smooth underlayment first because in time, even those thick planks will show what's underneath.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

I_am_still_wayn
Explorer
Explorer
The manufacturer specifically states not to install in a recreational vehicle and anywhere the floor will be exposed to temperatures below 55 degrees.