Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Another oldie. Not mine

Explorer
Explorer
Here
The manatees of Halls river Homosassa Springs Fl

1985 Chevy Silverado c10. 454 stroker / 495 CI = 675 HP. 650lb of torque. Turb0 400 tranny. 3000 stall converter. Aluminum heads. 3 inch exhaust flowmasters. 2 inch headers. Heat and air. Tubed.
8 REPLIES 8

fivejackie
Explorer
Explorer
My folks bought a new 79 Harvest RV. They never did drive it, the only time they would go anywhere in it I drove. We could sleep 6 of us in it, Mom, Dad, Wife, 2 kids and me. We took several trips all over CA and OR. My brother, who was single, used it a little and ended up living in it.

I don't remember having any problems with it.
Don and Jackie
2115 Hurricane 27K
2113 Redhawk
1992 Pace Arrow

Oldme
Explorer
Explorer
Cool.
That was the first RV that I ever rode in.
It belonged to the ex's Dad. He came to visit and show off his purchase.

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
Our firt RV was a very old tent trailer, then a much nicer newer one (1970s Startmaster ๐Ÿ˜Ž then our 1st class A: A 23 ft 1973 Triple E (Canadian made) on a Dodge 440 with a 4 barrel carb. Pass anything except a gas station. Less than 50,ooo miles but it began to 2 bid us to death.

Then 1997 Triple E Commander 30' gasser), a REAL motorhome
now our 2002 Horizon, 32'DP

But we remember that old Dodge fondly, our longest trip was from Victoria BC to San Francisco, Ca.

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
1 year younger than my conversion.
It is all about parts quality and maintenance.

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
We had a 73 Minnie Winnie. It was a great old camper and never had a roof leak even though it was old when we had it!
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Cool restoration project. I like those old Winnebago's.

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
What a fun restoration project for someone with the time (and disposable income). Not sure I would want to vacation in it rather than a more recent rig with all the bells and whistles, but still.
Anyway, thanks for sharing.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
1973... the year I graduated High School! I remember those Winnebago's quite well.