Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone have this problem? (long post)

rvcruiser
Explorer
Explorer
Hello
Wondering if anyone can help us. A little background.
Fulltiming since 2006....first 4 years with a 37ft 5th wheel\f350 truck...then traded for a 35ft Winnebago class A. We have had work done on it..including the transmission rebuilt.
On our way between Florida and Toronto we had a nightmare trip. The rv temp was fine but when we slowed down for traffic or stopped for lights etc and then tried to speed up again, rv would not change gear...even when pushed to 55mph....usually changes at around 50mph.
Only by pulling over, shutting down and waiting for over 30 minuites could we continue. This happened repeatedly for 1400 miles. To make the nightmare worse, our emergency brake would not hold. So I had to get out on highway shoulder and put chocks under wheels. Terrifying and very dangerous as traffic and trucks sped by us!
When we arrived at our destination, even though the last leg was only a half hour drive in cool weather, the rv would not go into reverse until we waited over an hour. Then no problem.
We have been told, when we had the brakes done, that the autopark was fine.
We have to leave here for a 1200 mile trip and are getting more stressed as the time gets closer.
Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem\problems?
Thank you.
3 of us...Jim, Susan &
Linksy (Maine Coon with a drop of Persian)
17 REPLIES 17

nomad_297
Explorer
Explorer
I would take it to a Chevy dealer and have them hook it up.

Bruce

rvcruiser
Explorer
Explorer
Travelon wrote:
Need more info. What year, what model, what engine?

Oops....1997 Winnebago Adventurer chevy 454
3 of us...Jim, Susan &
Linksy (Maine Coon with a drop of Persian)

Travelon
Explorer
Explorer
Need more info. What year, what model, what engine?
2004 Silverado 2500HD D/A CC LB 4x4, Timbrens, Fold-a-Cover,
Line-X, DeeZee Running Boards, Prodigy, Husky 16K UBS,
2004 Titanium 32E37DS, Two Honda EU2000i