cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone Here Have A 2008 Ford E350 4x4 diesel type camper?

Sheriffdoug
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

I'm a Truck Camper Person, but I've just bought a,
2008 Ford E350 extended diesel 6.0 V8 van which we are converting to 4x4 and doing an interior floorplan similar to Sportsmobile EB51.

Conversion being done by Derek at Colorado Camper Conversions.

Any experience with these people, good or bad?

Suggestions on what to do or not to do?

Wheels to be black 17 inch rims with Goodyear Kevlar AT tires.

6.0 diesel is to be rebuilt with Bulletproof Diesel upgrades to EGR, water pump, FICM to be rebuilt and other mods as required.

This will be a Sportsmobile type offroad vehicle, upgraded F250 suspension system,
With a 4 inch lift kit. Not too high.

Please pass on your thoughts.
2012 Ram 4x4 Crew Laramie LB 3500 HO Auto diesel
Eagle Cap 1160 Super Springs Big Wig Sway Bar Front Timbrens, Fastguns
RearCam SolarPnl Expdtion Shvel/Axe Kit
Thermopane Windows,, Dcted Heat & R/cycle aircon
Genset WoblStopprs
5 REPLIES 5

DiploStrat
Explorer
Explorer
Web site:

http://www.ujointoffroad.com/
DiploStrat

===========================

1990 Mercedes Benz 917/XPCamper

Handbasket
Explorer
Explorer
The owner of Ujoint Offroad used to hang out on the Expedition Portal forums. His user name was (oddly enough ;)) Ujoint. A search there should turn him or his old posts up. I haven't been there lately, so this may be outdated. He is (or was) a local here in Asheville, but I haven't seen his pretty-darn-awesome Ford 4x4 van lately, either.

Good luck with it. Sounds like a costy but very fun project.

Jim, "It's bad luck to be superstitious."
'06 Tiger CX 'C Minus' on a Silverado 2500HD 4x4, 8.1 & Allison (aka 'Loafer's Glory')

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
Go to Homemade/Groundup builds section.That is the place for you questions. Sportsmibile forums

tgreening
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not a huge fan of twin traction beam style 4x4 front ends, which I believe is what the company in question uses. Another option is a company called ujoint offroad in North Carolina. They us a normal D60 solid front axle in their conversions, and this is what I'm partial to. Simple, strong, easy to get parts for and maintain..

Not affiliated in any way. Another forum you might want to check out is Expedition Portal. There is just everything there you would ever want to know about "hittin the road" in every kind of vehicle imaginable.
2008 Ford F-450 "Lil Beasty"
2011 Heartland 3950 "Big Beasty"
1970 DW Made in Japan "Big Bossy"
2005 DD Made in Ohio "Big Pain"
2007 DD Made in Ohio "Lil Pain"
2004 GR Bahzu the dog "Big Sissy"
2010 Weim Mobo the dog "Fast Spaz"

charles
Explorer
Explorer
There is a Ford van forum that will most likely have more information for you than you will get here. Most late model Ford class B units were built on the gas V8 or V10 chassis by Pleasure-way and none of them in 4 x 4. Sportsmobile might have built some but I haven't heard of any. There could also be some on the Class C forum but I would suggest the Ford Van forums to get the information you are looking for.

Good luck to you,

Nick
2019 Thor Chateau 22B