cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone use a Vista Shade on their electric awning ?

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
I was looking around at various shades to attach to my awning on the new MH . It's an electric awning so I can't really adjust the angle of the awning. It's almost flat when deployed as it goes over the slideout so I was looking at shades to attach to it to help block the sun. I came across one called the Vista Shade that says it's for electric awnings.... 2 piece setup, one stays on the roller tube and the other seems to zip to the part in the roller tube..... I was wondering if anyone has used one or seen them. A search turned up no hits on the forum. They are at this website
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard
6 REPLIES 6

Bowti
Explorer
Explorer
Joe, Did you get this awning? I am also looking at getting this one and wondering how you like it. Also wondering about color and if the black one pulls in the heat at all.
2013 Keystone Cougar 28SGS Xlite
Shipping weight 7561 lbs
Carrying capacity 2439 lbs
Hitch Pin 1410 lbs
2008 Silverado 2500 Duramax 4X4 Crew Cab
Reese 16K Round Tube Slider
Custom 3 Receiver Hitch Scooter Carrier
2013 Honda PCX Scooter on the Carrier

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks for the info.... I think I'll be looking at getting one.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

ronniedean1234
Explorer
Explorer
We have it and love the ease of installing on the heavy duty zipper...
17 Voltage 3970
1999 Freightliner Western Hauler CC/300 Cat/Chipped
2001 Ford F350 CC DRW/ 4x4/ 6 Speed/Chipped

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
I wonder what happened when the auto awning rolls up because of wind and no one is around. Does the tearing make a sound if no one is there to hear it?

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
JoeH.....I have one and it works well. The drop down piece that stays attached to the awning comes in various lengths. With the coach on level ground and the awning out, reach up and see what height you need to be able to zipper the two pieces together. That will be the length of the drop down you need ex (6", 12"' 18" etc.) The attached piece rolls up nicely in my electric awning with no issues.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

mustang652
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the posting and the link. I've saved the site to file as it went immediately on my "I wanna" list.
Stan, Shirley & 2 Schnauzers
RV: 2014 Itasca Sunstar 35F
USAF Retired, Life Member: VSPA, VVA, DVA,VFW