cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aqua Hot frequent pump failure

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have an Aqua Hot and experience frequent pump failure? Frequent as in once a year for 4 years, including earlier this month for the 4th.

4 year old Fleetwood Excursion, 43' diesel. My thought is that this shouldn't be happening and wondering if it is common or is something else possibly wrong?

Any thoughts are appreciated.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog
4 REPLIES 4

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
1. Aqua Hot is aware of failure in the original pumps. I know this because Aqua Hot has a Kit now that you use to replace the failed pumps. It is a kit that will work for all Aqua Hots for the past 20 years.
2. I have replaced failed pumps on units from 2/3year old and back before they had the new style pump
3. IF you are having multiple failures, I would disassemble the ones that failed and look at them. IF corrosion in inside, I woul;d drain the Glycol and flush and install new Glycol. Also, MIXING the 2 different brands of Glycol will cause the fluid to corrode the pumps. You NEVER mix the 2 different brands of Glycol. Since you have multiple failures, You need to drain/ flush and refill. Doug

pusherpilot
Explorer
Explorer
older_fossil wrote:
It sounds like your Aqua-Hot is of the age that it probably had the square GRI pumps that proved to be very unreliable. Lots of discussion about this issue on the Tiffin Owners Forum. We had all four of our original pumps die over the course of about 2 years. Some out of warranty owners have gotten a reduced price for the upgrade kits to the newest pumps.

Not just unreliable but really expensive too. Vehicle systems has these pumps as proprietary items and GRI won't give you any help with them.
Very frustrating!!

older_fossil
Explorer
Explorer
It sounds like your Aqua-Hot is of the age that it probably had the square GRI pumps that proved to be very unreliable. Lots of discussion about this issue on the Tiffin Owners Forum. We had all four of our original pumps die over the course of about 2 years. Some out of warranty owners have gotten a reduced price for the upgrade kits to the newest pumps.
Art & Barbara
2016 Tiffin AB 37AP
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
roger berke parts@rvhydronicheaterrepair.com is one of the most knowledgeable people when it comes to aqua hot and probably will be able to help you