cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aux batt cut of

backroads___
Explorer
Explorer
I have a fleetwood flair 28ft RV. All batteries are fully charged & on shore power everything is ok. When I disconnect the shore power & turn on the aux batteries I get nothing working, not even the thump from the switch. Before I start taking things apart I need to know what & how to check it.
thanks in advance JB
5 REPLIES 5

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ok, the switch you are referring to is commonly called "salesman" switch. You will probably have another switch located in your battery compartment that will also turn off the house batteries. Check it first and make sure that it is "on". If still no power, check the voltages on your batteries....if fully charge, they will read about 12.6 to 12.8 volts. If discharged they will read only about 12.2 or less.

Let us know what voltages you find.

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

backroads___
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies.I am refering to the house batteries and the switch above the entry door. I turn off the batteries between trips when I get home. I do not know of any other battery disconnecton on this coach. All of the battery conections are tight and clean.
thanks JB

AFChap
Explorer
Explorer
On most, the "aux battery switch" is a disconnect switch which means the house battery bank is connected when "off" and disconnected when "on". The ONLY time you need to trip the disconnect is when the rig is in storage.
Paul ... was Fulltimin... now HalfTimin!
KE5LXU, SMART, WIT, FMCA, Good Sam, Escapees
'03 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 40E / '17 Jeep GC Limited

beave
Explorer
Explorer
I assume you reference the house batteries.

Do you have a battery disconnect switch attached to the battery bank?

Is the negative ground cable connected and secure?

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm not sure what you mean by "turn on Aux batteries". You have chassis and house batteries....which are you referring to and how do you turn them on?

Need more info.

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....