cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Awning

Barry514
Explorer
Explorer
Just purchased a new Bounder about a month ago and we have a manual awning and am thinking about getting a electric one but keep in mind that ours is 20' and we have one slide out under the awning.

Don't want to spend the money for a new one if it will not do what we want it to do. Have heard that when you have a slide out under the awning it will not have to angle down like we now have with the manual one or will not drop down as much but will open straight out.

Would like to hear from others that have the same application as I do.
3 REPLIES 3

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
You do loose the capability of lowering it all the way down like you can with the manual awning.

IMHO I just couldn't be without being able to drop the awning all the way down. ESPECIALLY if you plan on RV'ing in the south. You can drop the temps inside the MH 20 degrees by shading the whole side of the MH with the awning down in the lowest position during the heat of the day.

And I also like the privacy it offers when lowered. I use the computer on the dinette table and without the awning all the way down I feel like I am sitting in a fish bowl! Just saying.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
It all depends where you mount the awning. If you mount it on the wall of the coach, it will go straight out. Worthless as far as I am concerned. But if you mount the awning on the slide then you can get a awning that will get the angle that you wish. I have seen it both ways many times in RV parks.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
It would seem that question would best be answered by Fleetwood but I would think that you could a buy a power awning just like the one you have now. I have a Dometic power awning and it has plenty of pitch. While it probably wouldn't work with a 30" slide very well, it would easily clear a 18" slide.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows