Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

B+ motorhomes

Daniel_C_
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a Trail Lite B+ 211s with 8.1 Chevy
engine. This is my fifth motorhome (others range
from an old 20' Vagabond, and three Winnegagos, from 19 to 32'. This vehicle is fantastic. I am
using it as a mobile office (and sneaking in a fun
journey from time to time). It gets about 9.5mpg
and I believe I could pull a bus behind it if I wanted! I paid low $40's which is about what I had expected to pay for a five or six year old Chinook with a nicer interior, but fewer features
(slide). I am delighted thus far.
Dan
2006 Lexington 235S; 6.8L Ford E450,
2005 30RLS Outback Sydney Edition,
2007 Jeep Compass
2009 Mini Cooper S
3,721 REPLIES 3,721

JTHarley
Explorer
Explorer
I just picked up my gulfstream 5230 BT Cruiser and took it on a 350 mile "break in" trip to test all the onboard equipment. Prior to delivery I asked the dealer to install a Surflo smartsensor 5.7 water pump.....(supposed to be silent). Well.....the rig worked great but the water pump sounded like a distressed buffalo!!! Before I trek back to the dealer is there something simple (stupid) that I should try? I turned on all the faucets and shower and the pump is loud almost as if it where trying to prime itself....
Jim , MJ & Spirit of Sambuca Bear
2015 Dynamax DQ320XL
Jeep Sahara Toad

Br-
Explorer
Explorer
Update: Took our first trip of the season over Easter weekend, put on 700 mi. and so far everything works. The only problem was with dewinterizing. Flushing and draining the fresh water tank was awfully slow, so I decided to use the pump for a while. It kept shutting off after a couple of seconds, wouldn't build up any pressure. My first thought was "what now". After doing a search on the forum to see what the problem could be, I traced it to a leaking city water check valve. Went to the nearest dealer and picked one up for $22. Just out of curiosity,
asked what it would cost to have them put it in. I about fell over when he said $100, plus the part. It took me a total of 1/2 hr. to do it. Like I said, everything else seems to be fine so far.
Bruce & Sue
2007 pleasure-way excel-ts
Previously owned:'02 Trail-lite B+

ARcruiser
Explorer
Explorer
a gentle bumpity-bump for TopZ.
2 Big Cruisers, The Little Man, and Bailey / ARcruiser's Class B's (the first ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Rig #8 Under Construction! / Here's the Project Thread - I'm actually working on it again!

Dave_
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the information. I was just surprised at how humid the air was - It didn't make sense that it would be taking the outside air.

I just recently installed a similar fan. I tend to prefer the quiet breeze.
Dave
2003 Trail-Lite 211

Daniel_C_
Explorer
Explorer
Dave:
I'm pretty sure that there is no vent in the stock A/C, and what you are feeling is the recirculation of the warm air at the top of the motorhome. One problem I had (and still have) is keeping the thermostat too low in the low fan position, which results in the evaporator freezing. I haven't found the ideal mix of fan speed and thermostat setting yet. I did install a fantastic fan in my unit when I bought it, which gives pretty good circulation inside any time the temp is lower than about 80 degrees. I see my clients in my unit, and use that fan to minimize the use of the generator during the days.
Dan
2007 Jeep Compass
2009 Mini Cooper S

Dave_
Explorer
Explorer
I know this may be more appropriate under a different post, but I have a question in regards to the standard Trail-lite air conditioner.

When I was using the air conditioner on our 211 last summer I noticed that the compressor would turn on, nicely cooling the air. Once the temperature went down, the compressor turned off and the fan continued to run (as many units do). The problem was that the fan seemed to be bringing in the outside hot and humid air, very quickly bringing up the temperature and making for a very uncomfortable hot/cold cyle.

Is this normal or is there a problem with the air conditioner?
Dave
2003 Trail-Lite 211

bobo35
Explorer
Explorer
Wow got to the end of this. Congrats to daniel
and the others who are so patient with their dealers. Looking at the Trail-Lite's at Blanchard's in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Anyone have experience with them? Thanks

B-Plus
Explorer
Explorer
Actually Dan it's not a bad radio , other than the short that it has. I have to say, they made a good effort because it's a Blaupunt that has a removable face plate and a CD player. Believe me, of all the problems that you could have with buying an RV I'm quite happy with the bad radio because that is an easy fix. I have to say that Trail-lite really did a good job on manufacturing my RV everything works and my wife and I are completely satified with our 225 and with the money I saved over the Chinook I am concidering purchasing a new Vette , I guess that's called having your cake and eating it too!
2003 6.0 Chev Trail-lite B-Plus 225
2007 6.0 Chev 170 Roadtrek ( Daily Driver )
1976 Corvette

Daniel_C_
Explorer
Explorer
Trail Lite must have gotten a deal on defective radios! I didn't even try to get them to replace mine (which wouldn't receive in stereo), and put in a medium priced Kenwood myself (replacing all speakers with Kenwoods). I still don't get the Bass that I like to hear, so will be putting in a Sup Woofer when I have the money. Seems kind of silly in order to listen to "talk radio"!
Dan
2007 Jeep Compass
2009 Mini Cooper S

B-Plus
Explorer
Explorer
When I purchased my 225 I called Trail-Lite and asked them if I could order the surround Tub that comes with some other models ( the 250 + 251 ) I was told that I could not because of the curved back wall on the 225 that it can't be done. So I went to Lowes and bought a cheap surround for a shower that is 60" tall and put it in my-self,it works great , it has built in shelves in the corner ( wrap around ) for the soap and shampoo bottle, and all for $39.99 and a little cutting with a razor knife. It was pretty easy except for the back wall that curves, all you have to do is trace it with school compass that has a pencil, like you would do if you were doing tiling and needed to fit a piece in a blind corner and put it up with liquid nails.
Also today I installed dual batteries # 24 interstate Marine /RV . If you bend down the battery tray metal lip in front you can set in both batteries side by side , only about 2 inches of the battery overhang and I straped them in from the back using two nylon strapes, it came out very neat and the batteries are nice and stable. I have done quite a little items that were erking me a little bit, I yanked out the 19" TV and installed a 13 " that runs on 12/120v and has a built in VCR . I also installed a 12V 3 outlet socket by the cable booster and I ran the wires so I am using my coach batteries. I installed a screen door lock so when the screen door is in use you can lock it and I did that with a nice looking brass slide bolt that after you drill a few holes ,the bolt slide through the door frame and into the screen door locking it. ( a must for my wife!! ) I also installed a vinal venetian blind over the entry door ( 27x72 ) so when you are using the screen door you have some privacy. I won't bore you because the list goes on and on LOL. But if anybody is interested in some of the other things that I have done e-mail me. I am in the process of putting in a 7x22 inch hatch door in the compartment that I made adj to the rear steps ( left hand side ) there is an empty space there that measures 24x24 and I will use it to store the 3/4 hose for the Macerator pump that I hooked up.so I can dump at home. On the brite side, I am getting about 12+ with the 2003 Chevrolet 6.0 and it's as quite as mouse running, my wife thought that I was coasting to save gas because you can't hear the motor running at all, a few times when I first got it I would try to start it twice and get that grinding noise from the starter ( very embarrassing ) . And for the coach items everything is working great and I anve not had any problems , other than the aftermarket radio that Trail-lite put in ( had a short in it )
2003 6.0 Chev Trail-lite B-Plus 225
2007 6.0 Chev 170 Roadtrek ( Daily Driver )
1976 Corvette

TonyTiger
Explorer
Explorer
Same problem with the suction cups. We mounted the soap dish down low at the corner above the tub. The tub holds it in place.
We used to use the suction hooks that mounted to the wall, but they won't stick. We begun using clips with a magnet on the side of the range hood, etc. Anywhere it could find a metallic surface.
I also bought four of the hooks that pull down and have aspring that makes them retract into the holder (chrome). I mounted them on the side wall of the refrigerator near the side exit door of the 235. There is a small ledge above the refrigerator that they mounted on quite well. I don't recall the floor plan of the 225.
Trail Lite 235S Gone; Four Winds Siesta
Pennsylvania
Me, the wife and the boys (2 Border Collies)

JAGM
Explorer
Explorer
We took our first trip in the 225 Trail Lite B+. We were gone for four days and drove 20 hours total. We have about 1100 miles on it. It had 600 from the dealer due to the drive to Iowa and a couple of sporting shows. The best news is NO PROBLEMS!! WE LOVE IT. We got 11 mpg and no drawers or hangers came loose. We bought a foam mattress cover and the sleeping was very comfortable. I have one simple question. Our walls are a rough paneling. I tried a suction soap holder in the shower and it promptly fell off the wall paneling and off the wood. Has anyone used anything else for a few extra hooks, etc? We weren't sure we should screw anything into the paneling. Judy
2003 Trail Lite 225, Ford V10

TonyTiger
Explorer
Explorer
Update on our 235S. We do love it! Next trip will be the first weekend in May for 2 nights.

It's now back from the dealer. I had them install the second coach battery. The day/night shades are now installed to replace the noisy blinds. The right rear upright panel has been replaced with an undented/uncracked one (opps, Did I forget to mention the 'run in' with the Platinum Coach in the dealer's parking lot? :<) )

The leaking (brand new) valve on the water drain was replaced under warranty and a grounding problem was checked which required all of the wiring to be be retightened.

Now I'm on to installing a 90 degree removable pipe on the generator exhaust so that I can mount the Genturi (exhaust redirector), the slide out actually comes out over the generator exhaust pipe, the Genturi device runs the exhaust up over the roofline of the Motorhome. The angle pipe lets me mount the Genturi clear of the slide.

Has anyone installed wheel liners? Removing the hubs to check the tire pressure is stupid. I'm looking for recommendations.
Pennsylvania

Daniel_C_
Explorer
Explorer
Update:
I am going to the dealer tomorrow for pictures of the slide area that has separated. Actually, the only part that separated again was in the back, where it was difficult to get screws into the bottom, so that may be the only area that will need an "extraordinary" fix. I found that my fix for the propane fix is not holding, so I may have a split pipe (or just a poorly done repair). I will update as I try one more time to fix it with Joint sealant.
Finally, I am having some ongoing problems with the factory tires. I replaced both front tires last fall, and am getting a noise, almost like a tread separation (though I can see none). I am hoping for another fifteen thousand or so miles (I currently have 37000), and will get some Michelins, and new wheels, if I can afford them!
Dan
2007 Jeep Compass
2009 Mini Cooper S

TonyTiger
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone used Qualitec to have custom seats made for their coach? Trail-Lite didn't offer a power seat, which I wanted at least for the driver's side. Qualitec seems to make almost any type of seat and uses the same material as the manufacturers. Any experience with them?
Pennsylvania