Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

B+ motorhomes

Daniel_C_
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a Trail Lite B+ 211s with 8.1 Chevy
engine. This is my fifth motorhome (others range
from an old 20' Vagabond, and three Winnegagos, from 19 to 32'. This vehicle is fantastic. I am
using it as a mobile office (and sneaking in a fun
journey from time to time). It gets about 9.5mpg
and I believe I could pull a bus behind it if I wanted! I paid low $40's which is about what I had expected to pay for a five or six year old Chinook with a nicer interior, but fewer features
(slide). I am delighted thus far.
Dan
2006 Lexington 235S; 6.8L Ford E450,
2005 30RLS Outback Sydney Edition,
2007 Jeep Compass
2009 Mini Cooper S
3,721 REPLIES 3,721

jim1632
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry mislead you a little on the site.

Correct address is Skreenz.com.

Just found it on Google.

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
jim1632-Your post really sounded interesting, but I had a hard time learning more about it on the internet. I keep getting some computer center in Chicago instead. Tried some variations of your web address and could not find anything on your screens. Could you please re-visit the subject. Was that $49 for a pair?

cheeze1-I enjoy your posts. You made me believe you may have already purchased one. The length is one thing, of many, that has not been a problem. You raise an interesting point about the rear ladder - it could be a problem when constantly around kids. That would not be unique to the B+, however. Hope to keep reading your future posts.

Gene
B Plus 211-S w/Chevy
2002 Trail-Lite Model 211-S w/5.7 Chevy (click View Profile)
Gene

jim1632
Explorer
Explorer
Re screens discussion ---

I purchased custom front-door screens from www.Screenz.com for my Ford chassis. They are supposed to make custom-fit screens for various van models. Only cost $49 so I figured it was worth a chance compared to searching around for materials and rigging my own. Very satisfied - they fit closely enough, go on easily and require almost no space to store. At least give the site a visit to get some ideas even if you want to make your own.

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Gene, thanks for the inquiry. Yes, I still want my vehicle to be the daily driver for me. I just worry about ultimate length, and the fact that the rear ladder might be too much temptation for the kids in the high school I work in!
Chas
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

:W

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
cheeze1 - Thanks for your latest website link, they do sound interesting. Never had heard of stronger magnets due to the type of metal. I've requested a catalog.

Are you still looking for a daily driver? I can tell you that we do not mind driving ours around town in rush hour traffic. However, the rear view is a little restricted when backig out of a parking stall. The "fish eye" helps. It drives and handles almost exactly like a 1 ton dually pickup.

Back to the latest question, I'll be trying to place screening on the outside of the door as I think the seal does not have to be as tight. Flying insects usually land on the screen and then crawl to the edges looking for a way to squeeze in. They are not as likely to crawl back under the screen if on the outside. I like the suggestion that wlbjrincctx1 had proposed for screen material.

Someone needs to offer another question to solve. I'm smiling.

Gene
Trail-Lite 211-S w/Chevy
Gene

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Gene, they are called rare earth magnets and they blow the other type away. A little 1/4" version of the ones I have would be stronger than 4 of the other type.
Go here: http://www.leevalley.com/home/main.asp

Great website, lots to see.
Chas
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

TonyTiger
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased the 235S with the Chevy 6.0 L. I previously had a Ford V-10 on my Starflyte. It is a gutsy engine with a ton of torque. You need to watch the oil level, they have a tendency of burning oil at speed. I checked it before each weekend. Make sure you specify NO Firestone tires if you order the Ford. We had two blowouts in the sidewalls on non recalled tires. One I contributed to due to a nail in one of the duals that allowed a slow leak that may have weakened the tire. I didn't catch it (inside dual tire) until after a trip. The other went all on its own with less than 20,000 miles on it. Now I check the tires also before nearly every weekend trip.
We've had the 235S since March. Used it nearly every Spring and Fall weekend for Dog Shows. Love the slide out, made some enhancements inside and out. Don't like the rattle in the slide when pulled in and driving, don't like the lack of check out that the dealer did. BUT, I even have had some friends buy the same model! So we love it! We went with the Chevy mostly because my wife liked the leg room the Chevy gives you versus the Ford in the cabin area. Check out both of them.
Trail Lite 235S Gone; Four Winds Siesta
Pennsylvania
Me, the wife and the boys (2 Border Collies)

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
lloydje1 - I believe you have to determine for yourself, if you can be comfortable with the person you are buying from. As "captnaselli" stated, he found an individual that he considers his friend. In all the years that I have bought vehicles and insurance, have always found that it was the person, not the company that made me happy.

I bought mine from a regular RV dealer in Madison and found the salesman easy to work with. That was before I learned about "campersfactoryoutlet", so do not know whether I got the best price. The best deal is the one you get and the one that makes you happy. Price is not always the biggest factor.

wlbjrincctx1 - Thanks for the website on the fabric screen. Will be ordering some of that. Their "poly-mesh" also seemed to be suitable. At those prices, will probably order 1 yard of each.

cheeze1 - Would you say that these magnets are stronger than similar sized ones that you can buy at a "hobby-lobby" (arts and crafts store)? Have bought some of those and they also appear strong when attracted to each other, however, if required to hold photos to metal are a little weak.

Thanks people for all the good advice.
Gene
B-Plus 211-S w/Chevy
Gene

captnaselli
Explorer
Explorer
IIoydje 1
Check with Barry at Campers Factory Outlet. I found him to be very honest, fair and most of all a real friendly sincere person. I bought one of the first Trail-Lite units off the line in 2001 and he became a friend, never was a salesman.
After I picked up the B Plus I had very little trouble with the 211 model. What little trouble I had with the charging system was fixed by a dealer in California no questions asked as to where it was purchased as there is a one year warranty on the unit.
I had all the options from the factory as I felt that it was easier to add them at the time of building rather than do it later as an add on job. He did add a Maxx-Air unit and the work was very neatly done.
I had researched the prices and no one could even come near his low prices.

Captain Joseph L. Naselli USCG

US Coast Guard 500 Ton Licensed Ocean Going Operator
captnaselli@pocketmail.com[/email]

2002 Trail-Lite Class B Model 211
8.1 Chevy Vortex 340 hp

lloydje1
Explorer
Explorer
Br-

Thanks for the info. Has anyone had any dealings with www.campersfactoryoutlet.com in Wisconsin? They advertise that they will beat anyone's price. However, it seems that one should buy locally in order to get service and work through the aftersale kinks. They offer the unit with bare bones or additional options. From reading the posts it seems it would be better to buy it somewhat barebones and add higher quality options outside the dealer.

Thanks,
Jeanette -- interested in the 235S Ford V-10
San Marcos, TX 512.357.0173

Br-
Explorer
Explorer
lloydje1, seems Dan hasn't posted here for quite a while, but in one of his earlier posts he mentioned he bought his trail-lite at Ron Hoover RV, Boerne, Tx. Hope this helps.
Bruce & Sue
2007 pleasure-way excel-ts
Previously owned:'02 Trail-lite B+

lloydje1
Explorer
Explorer
Daniel,

Did you purchase your Trail Lite from a local dealer? If you don't mind sharing the name of the dealer, I live just outside of San Marcos and would like to see a Trail Lite in person.

Thanks

B-Plus
Explorer
Explorer
Chas, yes I went with a full strip on the bottom of the window where there is not a gasket to seal it , this idea can be used with a car as well, anytime your out in a shoping parking lot waiting for the wife at night and don't want the bugs to bother ya!

Gene, I never tried a hot glue gun on the velcro but I found it held really well with the sticky side of each velcro and the screen in between plus the staple worked fine, none of mine have come apart yet after a whole season.
2003 6.0 Chev Trail-lite B-Plus 225
2007 6.0 Chev 170 Roadtrek ( Daily Driver )
1976 Corvette

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, guys, I have to jump in here.
Dario, one question. What makes the seal at the bottom of the screen, as it hits the interior part of the door? Do you velcro across the whole length?
Gene, go to:
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.asp?page=42346&category=1,42363&ccurrency=2&SID=
(if it doesn't open, go to the main url, then click on woodworking, then magnets, then circular rare earth. I bought some from them and they are the strongest little guys I have ever seen. I took some and merely backed up a rattling magnetic cabinet door catch, and it's so strong the door doesn't rattle anymore!
Put two together and try to pry them apart in a straight motion. Can't be done. You have to 'get under' one of them and slide it off the top and HANG ON!:E
Trust me, they will hold the screen real tight if you don't want velcro.
Chas
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

wlbjrincctx1
Explorer
Explorer
Bug screen material:
http://canvasdealer.com/phifertex.asp
Shades out the sun also. Used it for cockpit screens on my sailboat for years. Very durable.
Larry B
Corpus Christi, Texas
2003 Trail-Lite B 225, V10.