Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

B+ motorhomes

Daniel_C_
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a Trail Lite B+ 211s with 8.1 Chevy
engine. This is my fifth motorhome (others range
from an old 20' Vagabond, and three Winnegagos, from 19 to 32'. This vehicle is fantastic. I am
using it as a mobile office (and sneaking in a fun
journey from time to time). It gets about 9.5mpg
and I believe I could pull a bus behind it if I wanted! I paid low $40's which is about what I had expected to pay for a five or six year old Chinook with a nicer interior, but fewer features
(slide). I am delighted thus far.
Dan
2006 Lexington 235S; 6.8L Ford E450,
2005 30RLS Outback Sydney Edition,
2007 Jeep Compass
2009 Mini Cooper S
3,721 REPLIES 3,721

Cowboy_66
Explorer
Explorer
Yes Charles your rings look nice. Ours is a Lexington on a Ford and only has 2" holes and you could not get to the out side wheel very well.
We are off tomorrow to Mnt.View AR.to listen to some folk music then over to the Buffalo River for a Kayak trip.
Retired we had been fulltime in the RV for three years but have now put down roots in the great state of AR.

CharlesOK
Explorer
Explorer
I have a set of BAL QTG levelers on the front installed by Camping World. They just fit. I can raise the front several inches if needed to level the rig. They are rated for #5,000 lbs., but it gets very hard to crank as you approach lifting a wheel. I have a Morryde rear suspension and it is set up so the front is slightly lower than the back. I have small bubble levels in front visible from the drivers seat and try to always get as level as possible when pulling on to a site, using the slope of most sites to get pretty close each time. I have to use the BAL levelers only rarely, as I prefer to sleep with the rear raised a bit for personal comfort. I have found the Chevy chassis to be much more stable than the Ford I once had and do not really need stabilizers. DW used to complain bitterly with the Jayco/Ford because of the swing and sway when parked, not so with the late model Chevrolet.

B-Plus
Explorer
Explorer
CharlesOK
It looks like you have levelers on the front of your unit? How do they work? Are you able to lift the front end at all to level out or is it just for stablelizing? Thanks for any info!
2003 6.0 Chev Trail-lite B-Plus 225
2007 6.0 Chev 170 Roadtrek ( Daily Driver )
1976 Corvette

HiTech
Explorer
Explorer
agoaliemom wrote:
I'm confused, which isn't all that unusual. ๐Ÿ™‚ Did the B+ RVs go to the C division? Does that mean we're playing up a division (can you tell I had kids in sports)? It doesn't bother me at all as long as I can find the B+ forum part of it.

Yes, B+'s are on a cut-away chassis.

CharlesOK
Explorer
Explorer
Just another + for the Chevrolet chassis. The holes in my wheels are just large enough that I can check the air pressure without needing extensions. My Chevrolet wheels came from the factory with metal valve stems. I purchased a set of 16" trim rings and chrome hub centers for my wheels which allows me to check pressure without taking of hubcaps or use extensions. Check my profile for the look. The rings and centers were originally installed on a Chevy Dually Pickup. Sweet.

Cowboy_66
Explorer
Explorer
I just put a set of the long valve stems from Borg tire that I had been reading about here for a long time and are they ever great. Don't know why I waited so long.
Retired we had been fulltime in the RV for three years but have now put down roots in the great state of AR.

agoaliemom
Explorer
Explorer
I'm confused, which isn't all that unusual. ๐Ÿ™‚ Did the B+ RVs go to the C division? Does that mean we're playing up a division (can you tell I had kids in sports)? It doesn't bother me at all as long as I can find the B+ forum part of it.

CharlesOK
Explorer
Explorer
HITech, Thanks for hosting us. I think Trail-lite is an underappreciated product line and deserved to be addressed with others who had gone to this smaller size unit. I know some of the B+ units have grown beyond the original design concept. The mating of a smaller unit, with a fine Chevrolet chassis in a product that has always been affordable and well made for the money has brought many miles of enjoyment to the folks lucky enough to own one. There will always be room for Niche products and this one fits my niche very well indeed. Good fuel economy coupled with affordable pricing will be much in demand in the next few years. I wish Monaco well and applaud their efforts to continue the B+ idea.

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
HiTech,

Thanks for the kind welcome to the Class C Motorhomes forum.

I was frankly relieved and pleased to discover the move today; tensions had been mounting for 'B+ Motorhomes' to leave the CVC forum, of late.

I look forward to an increased interaction with my fellow 'cutaway chassis' neighbors.
2005 Trail Lite 213 B-Plus w/ 6.0 Chevy

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Why did I know my friend Gene would respond?! I guess that's how well we know each other, tho' we have yet to meet in person. (Soon as I have the time to cross country). The second most talked about brand here is the Gulfstream BT Cruiser. Due to its similarity, many of us considered it. I don't understand why we were moved, but I know this is a great forum from previous visits I've made.
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

:W

HiTech
Explorer
Explorer
Tell them everyone is welcome. We have a similar long running thread here on classic Dodge motorhomes. There is no reason you cannot prticipate in CVC and here. But members were getting confused by new threads on B+'s being here, but this great thread in CVC (I think).

I had offered to host this thread long ago but did not push it.

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks HiTech - Hope we are Welcome here for a long time. I guess we wore out our Welcome at the Camping Van Conversions Forum (Class B?). As cheeze1 mentions there are a number of regulars. Most of the contributors to this thread are owners of the Trail-Lite, but others have participated as well. I have maintained an unofficial list of the different member names - currently 59. Also have just tabulated that this thread has been around since Feb 2002.
2002 Pages 1 thru 25.
2003 Pages 25 thru 56.
2004 Pages 56 thru 76.
2005 Pages 77 thru 99.
2006 Pages 100 thru 111 (so far).
Hope we don't loose too many contributors because of this move.
2002 Trail-Lite Model 211-S w/5.7 Chevy (click View Profile)
Gene

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks HiTech, as you can see, this thread has been running for a long time, and has stayed pretty consistent throughout. We have developed a friendship among the regulars, which is now a good size group!
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

:W

HiTech
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome all B+ owners to the Class C forum! We encourage discussions on any motorhome on a cut-away chassis. Please continue this thread or post new items as you prefer.

agoaliemom
Explorer
Explorer
We also just got back from a 4500 mile trip, crossing the Rockies twice. We have a TL B+ 213 (with Chevy 350) and decided to take mainly old US Highways and go 60 mph (we even went 60 on the interstates when we used them).

We averaged 14.5 mpg, sometimes even getting nearly 16. I was pleased, but this type of mileage has been consistent when we've gone 60 mph.

We went from Northern Minnesota to Montana, then down through Idaho to Reno, then across Highway 50 to Kansas, then back up through Nebraska and back to Minnesota.