Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

B+ motorhomes

Daniel_C_
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a Trail Lite B+ 211s with 8.1 Chevy
engine. This is my fifth motorhome (others range
from an old 20' Vagabond, and three Winnegagos, from 19 to 32'. This vehicle is fantastic. I am
using it as a mobile office (and sneaking in a fun
journey from time to time). It gets about 9.5mpg
and I believe I could pull a bus behind it if I wanted! I paid low $40's which is about what I had expected to pay for a five or six year old Chinook with a nicer interior, but fewer features
(slide). I am delighted thus far.
Dan
2006 Lexington 235S; 6.8L Ford E450,
2005 30RLS Outback Sydney Edition,
2007 Jeep Compass
2009 Mini Cooper S
3,721 REPLIES 3,721

Westronics
Explorer
Explorer
Please take discusion of a Class B+ forum to here

Thanks for your cooperation. I will be reviewing that discussion, and that discussion only, for your input.

happyjack2
Explorer
Explorer
The new heading of the Class C forum now states for C B+ Super C. It would appear they decided that a B+ forum was not a good idea and decided to put us back in the same forum and mention the C+ also. Is there any other web site that would allow it's own B+ forum?
Bill & Maggie
LT USNR Ret.
2003 Trail Lite 211 B+
Chevy 6.0L

gkreutzer
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I'm finding all the new B+ Forum threads scattered by the wind throughout the Class C Motorhomes forum on my browser. There's something afoot...it just gets curiouser and curiouser :@
I just bumped to the top of the C Motorhomes Forum my original post to the "New" B+ Forum (Our own little home!!) from page 4.

I hope a fix is in the works.
2003 Trail-Lite 211 B-Plus LE
Chev. 6.0L Vortex

It's more than a motorhome,
It's a car I can go to the bathroom in.
โ€“ Homer Simpson

Starfire5
Explorer
Explorer
Hmm... suddenly I can't find the B+ Forum anymore, although I did just post a message on it. All other new threads were gone. Ve-r-ry strange
It doesn't come up on the Open Roads Forum anymore, or is it just me?

I was just looking for it, too, and it's gone! ๐Ÿ˜ž
Catmom to our 3 camping cats: Helen the orange kitty, tiger Suzy (both rescues, too) and our new gorgeous girl, Samantha.
Doggie Grandma to one gorgeous golden puppy named Jameson

gkreutzer
Explorer
Explorer
Hmm... suddenly I can't find the B+ Forum anymore, although I did just post a message on it. All other new threads were gone. Ve-r-ry strange :h
It doesn't come up on the Open Roads Forum anymore, or is it just me?
Chev. 6.0L Vortex

โ€“ Homer Simpson

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II
One point worth noting......YES, a wheel alignment under full load, gas, water, gear, weight to simulate people.

BUT, on my old RV, I had excellent alignment. On one trip crossing the great plains, there was a very strong steady cross wind for the entire journey. I had to hold the steering wheel off center to compensate for that 1000 miles. That ruined both front tires. One wore bad on the inside, and the other wore bad on the outside, evidence of extended use of steering compensation.

Just keep that in-mind.

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
burlmart - I don't have an answer whether it is a good idea to leave dually tires alone. I did not and so far have not had any major problems. My right front tire started cupping at around 20k miles, I swapped it with the inside right rear. I then installed Bilstein shocks in front thinking the cupping was due to bounce or hop. I have noticed no additional wear since.

I suspect you might need an alignment when fully loaded as the spring height will change the camber of your front wheels.
2002 Trail-Lite Model 211-S w/5.7 Chevy (click View Profile)
Gene

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
Hello All

Just finished a 6500 mile, one month loop around midwest, eastern/midatlantic, and southeastern US โ€“ 23 states in all, with 2 nites in provencial parks along Ontarioโ€™s Lake Superior shore. First really long trip where we did SPs, KOAs, driveways, and no-hookups at all at Shenendoah National Park.

Trail Lite was just fine, and its size was great for short driveways and tight parking โ€“ donโ€™t know if I will ever want a very long rig, or one with a toad.

Have determined that the overhead squeaking is more than likely styrafoam(?) between the headliner fabric and the metal cab roof, so I will need to look back at posts where one of you described something similar.

I must get an alignment as the left front tire shows more wear on inside and a very slight tend to pulling left. Had one at 4k when tierod nuts were discovered loose from factory โ€“ rig has 20k miles now. Am thinking to use the 2.5 year old but never used spare on right and swap the right to the left. Understand that leaving dually tires alone is a good idea. Thoughts??

BTW, could not locate the new B+ Forum.

On Edit

I discovered that I had to access the Open Roads Forum via RV.net instead of thru Good Sam's Forum link - for those having trouble finding the new B+ Forum.
2005 Trail Lite 213 B-Plus w/ 6.0 Chevy

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Reno, goto the bottom of this page, click on OPEN ROADS FORUM ONLY. That will bring you to the main forum page. Scroll down and you will see the B+ forum link.
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

:W

stracos
Explorer
Explorer
I can see it, and posted some new topics too.

gkreutzer, kudos for the homer quote!

Joe

Reno3
Explorer
Explorer
No new B+ Forum showing on my computer??? 9:20 pm 8/9/07
Dick & Judy
'05 Montana Mountaneer TT 35'
'03 Trail Lite 211 S
'05 Saturn Vue Toad
1 Bassett Hound - Beauregard

gkreutzer
Explorer
Explorer
Hey everybody โ€” we got our own Forum! It's down the list below the Truck Camper Forum! I guess we made the big time, huh?:p
Chev. 6.0L Vortex

โ€“ Homer Simpson

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks markopolo for posting my pictures.

markopolo
Explorer
Explorer
Ron's Door Limiter Photos:

1997 Custom Van - GMC 6.5l Turbo diesel
My Profile
My Website

markopolo
Explorer
Explorer
Sent you a pm Ron. I'd be happy to post the photos for you.

-----------------------------------------------------

Re: scissor jacks on a Trail-Lite 213

I was hoping to mount the jacks somewhere in the rear but I just can't find space ๐Ÿ˜ž

I did try them under the hitch and they worked ok but I don't have space to store them conveniently.

I'm trying to reduce the rocking motion in the rear. It's not bad but would be nice to eliminate it.
1997 Custom Van - GMC 6.5l Turbo diesel
My Profile
My Website