Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

B+ motorhomes

Daniel_C_
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a Trail Lite B+ 211s with 8.1 Chevy
engine. This is my fifth motorhome (others range
from an old 20' Vagabond, and three Winnegagos, from 19 to 32'. This vehicle is fantastic. I am
using it as a mobile office (and sneaking in a fun
journey from time to time). It gets about 9.5mpg
and I believe I could pull a bus behind it if I wanted! I paid low $40's which is about what I had expected to pay for a five or six year old Chinook with a nicer interior, but fewer features
(slide). I am delighted thus far.
Dan
2006 Lexington 235S; 6.8L Ford E450,
2005 30RLS Outback Sydney Edition,
2007 Jeep Compass
2009 Mini Cooper S
3,721 REPLIES 3,721

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome, Mainer

If you search this very long thread, CharlesOK had the same model and may have reported on things that will serve you.
2005 Trail Lite 213 B-Plus w/ 6.0 Chevy

Mainer1
Explorer
Explorer
Just wanted to say hello, We traded our 2001 Truck Camper rig in on a 2007 Trail-Lite Model 251!! We looked at many Class B and Class C Campers before going with this floor plan that fit our needs.
I drove the new rig home from AR. to Maine over 1600 miles last month and got better MPG than our old Truck camper!!
I'm not sorry I traded and this camper is large for us coming from a 9-6' Truck camper with a wet bath. See my profile for a picture.

More Later as time allows.
2006 R-Vision Trail-Lite Model 251
Chevrolet 6.0 14,050lb. GVWR

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
How often do they give out? If they really are used as tail lights (not 100% there), then they ought to last a long time in use.

How are the mods?

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Except I have twelve of them under my kitchen counters at home and they are a PITA.
๐Ÿ˜ž
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

:W

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, $5, but it works.

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
I saw them at the Depot for the same price, Burl. Seems awfully high to me.
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
happyjack2 - In our unit the switch near the door turns the power on for the front overhead double bulb light. I took one of the bulbs out and replaced it with one about 1/2 the physical and brightness size. Works well for entry, exit, and low lighting while watching TV. I also wired the Fantastic fan into the same circuit. That way we can turn the fan on and off with the wall switch. I know what you mean about brightness. It turns the inside into daylight if you turn on all the bulbs - I think we have 12 bulbs.

Not sure on a dimmer switch, we'll have to have an electrical engineer tell us about how to reastat or resistance a 12 volt circuit.
2002 Trail-Lite Model 211-S w/5.7 Chevy (click View Profile)
Gene

happyjack2
Explorer
Explorer
We use our stove light the same way. It has a softer light and I often use it to read after co-pilot goes to sleep. The overhead and side lights are really bright if someone is trying to sleep even on the low setting. Has anyone every heard of a mod to put a dimmer on the overhead or side lights?
Bill & Maggie
LT USNR Ret.
2003 Trail Lite 211 B+
Chevy 6.0L

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Quadsteer 11

Went to Home Depot for stuff and found the little bulb that I had mentioned for the stove overhead. It is indeed almond like and for $5 you can get a ...

FEIT Electric (made in China) Xenon 12V, 18Watt whiter, brighter, longer lasting and cooler than Halogen, or so it reads. It says colors are truer, which may be so. We use it a lot in the evenings to get low light instead of any of the regular brighter lights, which is probably why ours went out, while most folks will never need to deal w/ 'em.

I'll bet NAPA had them for car tail lights, as I remember some years back replacing one that just may have looked like this.

Travelin2
Explorer
Explorer
burlmart wrote:
Happy Holidays!

Cheese, I think Happyjack and Gene use their curtains to expand their more compact bathrooms into dressing areas. A few years back, I recall Agoaliemom from Duluth did the same w/ their TL 211.

A trivial question...Over our stove, under the microwave, there is the switchable stove light and a vent fior the stovetop burners area. The little lightbulb went out. It is a finny looking, small all glass bulb with a pronged end that you push in. Do any of you know where to get them and what to call 'em?

I took my burned out one down to NAPA and they had them.
John & Gloria
South West, Florida
2009 Leisure Travel Serenity

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
cheeze1 wrote:
Wow guys! I'm impressed!...The one thing I'm curious about is that Gene's rig must have been built when they worked on the roof and then flipped the coach over to upright?
:h
If they built it that way, they sure did a good job :B. I do not know what year they switched to the vinyl fabric ceiling. We sure do like our short hair carpeted ceiling. Would be harder to clean, but feels quieter and warmer. The question on the stove vent bulb is interesting. I'm sure mine is 12 volt, but I've never looked at it. Our prior Class A had a standard base bulb in 12 Volt. Had a slight problem locating one, so bought a spare. Still have that extra thinking my current vent hood has one. Now what am I going to do with this spare bulb? :S
Gene

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Is it about the size of an almond with both silver prongs at one end? If so, I need some for my undercounter lights at home!!
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
Happy Holidays!

Cheese, I think Happyjack and Gene use their curtains to expand their more compact bathrooms into dressing areas. A few years back, I recall Agoaliemom from Duluth did the same w/ their TL 211.

A trivial question...Over our stove, under the microwave, there is the switchable stove light and a vent fior the stovetop burners area. The little lightbulb went out. It is a finny looking, small all glass bulb with a pronged end that you push in. Do any of you know where to get them and what to call 'em?

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Wow guys! I'm impressed!
Both ideas are neat and make lots of sense. Why do major construction? (which is my typical MO)!
The one thing I'm curious about is that Gene's rig must have been built when they worked on the roof and then flipped the coach over to upright?
:h
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
happyjack2 - We did an almost identical thing for our unit. We have a carpeted ceiling that acts as a loop for the famous hook and loop (velcro) fasteners. We found some very light weight opaque brown fabric (almost like parachute material). Cut and hemmed two (2) pieces about 30" wide x 72" long. Sewed three (3) of the round hook parts to the 30" edge. One hangs over the rear door and the other between the sink and stove. Creates the same as the shower curtain - a privacy area for changing and for using the facilities. Folds to about the size of an over stuffed envelope.
Gene