Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

B+ motorhomes

Daniel_C_
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a Trail Lite B+ 211s with 8.1 Chevy
engine. This is my fifth motorhome (others range
from an old 20' Vagabond, and three Winnegagos, from 19 to 32'. This vehicle is fantastic. I am
using it as a mobile office (and sneaking in a fun
journey from time to time). It gets about 9.5mpg
and I believe I could pull a bus behind it if I wanted! I paid low $40's which is about what I had expected to pay for a five or six year old Chinook with a nicer interior, but fewer features
(slide). I am delighted thus far.
Dan
2006 Lexington 235S; 6.8L Ford E450,
2005 30RLS Outback Sydney Edition,
2007 Jeep Compass
2009 Mini Cooper S
3,721 REPLIES 3,721

happyjack2
Explorer
Explorer
I drilled thru the floorboard of mine inside the cabinet under the sink to run an electronics cable to the rear for one of my gizmos and found that the plywood had an aluminum sheet sandwitched between the two layers. Also had a layer of "tar paper" or felt. Took quite of while to cut through. The aluminum surprised me as I don't remember seeing them use sheet aluminum when they built the floors on our factory tour last year. It may have been the flat side of one of the aluminum tube or angle which they used to build the body panels or because it was near the power distribution center and had additional strenghting. Even though I spent a career around combat ships and aircraft and was use to heavy duty construction meant to take a beating, I was impressed at the solid laminated constuction that the folks at R-Vision were using to build the units the day we were there with the R-Vision Camping Club ralley. RVs are a lot tougher than they look.
Bill & Maggie
LT USNR Ret.
2003 Trail Lite 211 B+
Chevy 6.0L

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Aggie, the top layer of my '05 213 is pressboard, I suspect the lower layer is plywood. I would drill a few small test holes from bottom and top after some exhaustive recon.
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

:W

AggieDad
Explorer
Explorer
Since we have some carpenters here, I have a question.

The floor in my TrailLite has a soft spot. It is not yet critical, but it feels a bit spongy when stepped on. I want to cut a section from the floor? Has anyone opened up their floor. I am wondering exactly what I will find underneath. Any experience is welcome. Thanks!

Don Simmons
Be of good cheer!

Don Simmons
2006 Winnebago Voyage 33V pushed by a 2014 Chevy Captiva
Never ask a man where he is from.
If he's from Texas, he will eventually tell you.
If he's not, well... don't embarass him.

Mainer1
Explorer
Explorer
happyjack2

Thanks, when I first saw them, they looked like small relief valves like on a air compressor, now I know!

no labels near mine but I was surprised to see all brass valves as our last camper had all plastic fittings.
2006 R-Vision Trail-Lite Model 251
Chevrolet 6.0 14,050lb. GVWR

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Righto HappyJack. I have little labels near mine that scream LOW POINT DRAIN.
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

happyjack2
Explorer
Explorer
Mainer, The pull rings are valves that drain sections of pipe. Mine has two under the sink area, one for cold and one for hot and one near the fresh water tank under the dinette. Pull them up about a half inch or so and they will drain the fresh water from those areas of lines. Then put them back down to fill with pink stuff. Had never seen before either.

(drains thru bottom of coach)
Bill & Maggie
LT USNR Ret.
2003 Trail Lite 211 B+
Chevy 6.0L

Mainer1
Explorer
Explorer
Took my OEM gas cap to Pep-boys tonight and matched it to a Stant #11511
locking gas cap which is the same thing as a #10511 which means it's boxed instead of carded.

I took a look after removing my lower drawer at my water heater by-pass valves and weeping left sink drain trap.:M

Does anyone here know what the in-line valve type fittings are on the cold and hot lines near the floor that have a valve stem with a ring on them??
I've never have seen this type of valve???:?
2006 R-Vision Trail-Lite Model 251
Chevrolet 6.0 14,050lb. GVWR

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Happyjack's description is right on. I got a 'winterizing kit' from Camping World. Its basically a 2 way valve, and a bypass for the water heater with a siphon tube you install between the tank and pump. Attach the siphon, turn the valve to open it to suction (it also closes the feed from the tank) and then open each faucet until it runs pink. Then pour extra into the drain lines. No problems ever when I do it that way.
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

happyjack2
Explorer
Explorer
Burl, I dewinterized our rig for our dash to Pensacola last month and rewinterized it when we got close to home and the overnight temps dropped well below 32. I read the system will be okay if the night time temps do not get more than a couple degrees below freezing and the daytime temps are above freezing. It was that way on our return stops in KY and WV. I filled the lines back up with two gallons of RV antifreeze when the teens and twenties were predicted New Years day in WV. I noticed that both hot and cold lines are cvpc. Since it is the only plastic pipe rated for hot water perhaps it is stronger and can resist a bit of freezing. I have not had a problem in delaying winterization and using the rig in low thirties here in VA.
Bill & Maggie
LT USNR Ret.
2003 Trail Lite 211 B+
Chevy 6.0L

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
cheeze1 - Best of luck to you on covering with your ADCO. Had one on my Class A and it was not bad putting on, but a real bear to walk on the roof on top of the tarp to remove it. Took a while to learn how to climb the ladder which was under the tarp. I never got the hang of it - gave it to the new owner. Just a problem for this old man. ๐Ÿ™‚
2002 Trail-Lite Model 211-S w/5.7 Chevy (click View Profile)
Gene

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Burl, I'm a brat. I want my entire rig working when I use it, so I remove the winterizing fluid, add water, and keep the heat set low even while it's in the driveway. I only had one freeze problem when I tried using the 'compressed air only' method of winterizing. Seems that no matter how much air pressure one uses a little plain water anywhere will freeze and cause problems. That is why I had to get a new pump at BoatNRV in Hamburg, Pa when we went on a trip this spring past. I have the tank heaters as well, but they are not a factor unless it's near dump time. This spring the drain lines/valves will be heat traced, along with the previous mentioned insulated feedwater line. (Maybe I'll put some tracing on that too!)
Mainer, many of us with the Chevy chassis chose it because of the roomy cab.It's been a frequent topic in these forums.
Tina, I suggest you go with the 36". Especially if that is the size of a standard (?) mattress. (WHO came up with those designations!!???)

I mentioned before that we are bringing Ms. 213 back up to the lot tomorrow. I will be covering her up, but I know there will be some residual snow on the roof no matter how well I clean it. Could that cause problems or will it just melt when the sun helps me out?
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

birdbybird
Explorer
Explorer
Cheese man, Thanks for the input. I am 5'10" and weigh between 155 and ? depending on how intelligent I have been about putting too much food in my mouth. I have 20 pounds to go before I can be "bright" again. My feet, ankles and knee always notice the difference. I try to remind myself that one of the points of having a small MH is being able to get to the out of the way places and walk and walk.....The pups are always willing to encourage me to get out more ๐Ÿ™‚ That said, I was sort of thinking that I "could" sleep on 30 inches if I needed to, but that - if I wanted total adventures I could also sleep on the ground in a tent ....and I'm not going back there. I want smaller, but i still want comfort. Besides the 36inches will be easy to furnish.

Burl - love the pup pics. The white ghost faces always speak with such dignity. And to answer a question you didn't ask me: When I travel in cold weather, I always maintain the winterization. I am so afraid of everything freezing up. I don't even have outside tank heaters on this one but even with the tank heaters several years ago, I didn't trust them in the long haul. No water in the on board tank, etc. Drinking water in carry ons along with enough for a sink bath and cooking (as if I do much of that!) if I need one. I use pink stuff in the black tank. If I need warm/hot water for cleaning up, I use the microwave for now but have other ideas for the future. I take showers every couple of days either at the campgrounds or at friends houses if I am visiting in driveways. It is winter, it is cold out. Wet wipes are wonderful and the dogs are never critical. So, no you know: The lady is willing to make accommodations on water usage but give her a comfortable bed.

Tina and the furry ones
Christine

22ft BT Gulfstream MH
Chev 350 engine
and the four furry companions:Herschel, Stuart, Blondie and Remi

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
Cheese, I meant to ask if you travel with the rig winterized or do you have the water tank filled and use all the inside plumbing when traveling your area now?
2005 Trail Lite 213 B-Plus w/ 6.0 Chevy

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Mainer, you got a great deal. There are lots of those out there, and your research certainly paid off. Don't ask how jealous I am that you have a garage for that baby. I'm now fretting that we are bringing ours back to the lot tomorrow, and I want to use the new Adco cover, yet we have to deal with the snow both on the coach and in the lot.
Birdy, I recommend the 36" width. We traded beds the last nite we were out and tho' comfortable, I do like the extra size. (I'm 6'/190 and my wife is 5'5"/130, so the smaller bed is fine for her) Get a lightweight mattress if that's what you decide and making the extra accommodation for the special bench hinges I got will make access to the compartment much more user friendly. Make sure you get the ones WITH springs...

http://www.hardwaresource.com/Store_ViewProducts.asp?Cat=1253
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
Birdbybird,

Did you see our mutts The Dogs

The black one died early in '08.
2005 Trail Lite 213 B-Plus w/ 6.0 Chevy