cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bar harbor Maine Hwy 9 & 1 to the Rocks Pro Park

Stuck_in_first
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone take this in a gasser MH. How are the roads & are there any mountains?
6 REPLIES 6

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
My post from a few months back with pictures from Hopewell Rocks, Blomidon Provincial park in NS as well as several other places we visited.
2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450๐Ÿ™‚

Stuck_in_first
Explorer
Explorer
That is one freeking big lobster

Stuck_in_first
Explorer
Explorer
Great info. Really helps in planning our trip! We are going to see the bay of fundy tide. Heard about it all my life and would like to see it. Any Ideas where would be a good place to see it? Has anyone taken the tidal raft trip. Is it any good?

UltraKen
Explorer
Explorer
Instead of staying closer to Bar Harbor where the rates are higher, we stayed at Smugglers Den CG 2 miles north of Southwest Harbor. Nice CG. Mt. Desert Island is small enough that it's only a few minutes drive to just about any part of the island.

And it's very close to Thurston's Lobster Pound in Bernard, ME. mmmm!

That fresh caught 2-1/2 lb'er cost under $30 in 2010. :C
UltraKen
Ex - 1968 Ultra Van
NOW - 1996 Safari Sahara 35' - Model 3530 - Cat 300
Pictures of my Coach
A $93 Rear Camera System
My take on replacing tires
Used MH Checklist
Toad: Dodge Grand Caravan on Tow Dolly or 1981 Vespa on utility trailer

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
My experience is 5 years old, so road conditions may have changed. We took route 1 from Bar Harbor to cross the border at Calais/St. Stephen. At that time the road surface east of Machias was in poor condition. It may have been paved since.

An alternate route would be to take route 3 and 1A to the junction with route 46 a bit east of Bangor, then go north on 46 to route 9. When we came back 5 years ago route 9 had been newly paved and was an easy drive.

Route 1 in New Brunswick was partly 2 lane and partly divided highway. They were constructing more divided highway at the time, so surely more miles of that now.

There are no mountains on these routes.

To get to Hopewell Rocks, you can either drop down from Moncton, or take route 114 through Fundy NP. Don't know whether you have to pay the entry fee just to drive through Fundy.

Try to catch both a high and low tide at Hopewell. The tidal range there is amazing.
2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450๐Ÿ™‚

skrams
Explorer
Explorer
I need a little more information as to where exactly you are talking about.
2007 Four Winds Hurricane 34B (Ford Chassis) Bunkhouse
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT (5-speed manual)
SMI Stay-In-Play & Blue-Ox Aventa LX