cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

basment a/c in '07Itasca

michbill
Explorer
Explorer
I have an '07 Itasca 38T on a 24W workhorse chassis. The a/c , I think, is Coleman and the thermostat is Trueair. When the unit runs for a while, and even though it has not dropped to the set temp, it will shut off. If I turn the unit off at the thermostat, let it set for 10-20 min. and then turn on, with the switch for the fan in the on position and not auto it most likely come on. If I keep it in the auto, it might not. Any thoughts on: 1. why it shuts off, 2. why it will come on in fan and not auto. Thanks Bill
12 REPLIES 12

michbill
Explorer
Explorer
This is MichBill. This is an update to my update. The thermostat arrived, and I installed. It is the first time since I have owned this coach (seven years) that the a/c or heat comes on at the temp, I have set. Problem solved. Thanks for all your help.
Bill

michbill
Explorer
Explorer
A little update to this post.
I pulled the thermostat from the wall and while on the phone with RVP support (coleman) I was attempting to find out if I had 12V. Well the fuse blew and then a pop with a puff of ozone smoke. As the tech said you found your problem a short in the board!I have ordered a new board and will have to install and see if this fixes the problem.

lwasouth
Explorer
Explorer
05 Itasca Horizon - I had the same situation. It is a 20 minute delayed shut-off, built into the thermostat when on the electric heat cycle. Call the people at Coleman-Mac and they will explain the situation to you, and tell you of an alternate thermostat that you can purchase. The gentleman who had his mother board replaced was deceived by an un-knowing service person

michbill
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for the information.
We are connected to 50 amps. However, I have never checked to see what we are actually getting. I'm not sure how I would do that.
The most I have connected, while the a/c is attempting to go, is the fridge. At times, it sounds like both units are running. However, other times I'm not sure. Again, other then sound, I'm not sure how to check.
Thanks
Bill

jkmac408
Explorer
Explorer
I have an 04 Winnebago journey with basement air and last summer it did similar to what you describe and I had to replace the mother board on the air unit.
Kenneth

jhilley
Explorer
Explorer
Here is the link to Winnebago True Air Operation

Winnebago Service Tip True Air AC Operation
2003 Winnebago Adventurer 38G F53 Chassis Solar Power
1999 Winnebago Brave 35C F53 Chassis Solar power
Handicap Equipped with Lift & Hospital Bed
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport
1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade

tahiti16
Explorer
Explorer
Are you hooked to 30 or 50 amp? if 30 you may have a switch in a bay somewhere like I do that you have to switch that keeps the second compressor from coming on and pulling to much current.
Ray, Cheryl & of course Miss Molly the four-legged child

2006 Dolphin 36' F53 V10 5 speed auto 2 slides 7.5 KW genset

MUSKYJACK
Explorer
Explorer
Your WINNEBAGO has an electric management system, if you have the water heater, refrigerator,and other electric items on,while your hooked up to weak or thirty amp power cord the system wont let the heatpump come on. If the outside is 39 degrees or less the electric heat wont come on. MUSKYJACK

fredbon
Explorer
Explorer
This is a link to Winnebago Basement Air Operation (pdf format)

Central Air Information

Well that link didn't work. I did a google search to find the info. I saved a copy if anyone wants it.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie
Frankie & Scarlett, (The Cats)
2005 Dolphin LX 6375
2006 Saturn VUE

As I've Matured... I've learned that artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
I am going to say the thermostat is bad. I had to replace my Trueair thermostat after just a couple years. To keep the air conditioners running, I would have to set the thermostat at 50 degrees.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Are you positive the compressors's are coming ON? Do you hear the OUTSIDE condensor fan running? Doug

bobpie
Explorer
Explorer
It has to do with the outside temp also.
2001 suncrusier, 32-v, Ford V10, 4 Koni FSD, dinning slide, No leaks, 1 wife, 1 westie, life is good! 03 malibu toad sometimes, roadmaster brake pro,roadmaster Blackhawk all terrain tow bar!