cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

bathroom oder

blknomad
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Itasca 35f class a that has the 2 bathrooms. The bath that is mid coach has a urine smell that we cant get rid of. This smell floats up through the cabin and is also in the compartment where the valve and macerator are located. I can find no leaks and have replaced the vent cap. I cant believe this is coming from the tank as it is not a black tank smell. Am I the only one with this floor plan that has this problem? Any intelligent suggestions appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5

Roman_Duck
Explorer
Explorer
we had a similar problem with an A that we use to own. Our bathroom had the same issue. A urine smell. After the DW scrubbed and scrubbed;the smell remained.
I thought that the seal on the toilet was bad. upon removal, the seal that was suspect was found to be good.
Well one thing led to another and we decided that since the toilet was removed. We would change out the floor covering and installed new.
That of course meant removing the bathroom vanity (which was next to the toilet.
Well we install the new flooring. I went into the garage where I had stored the vanity, walking in, I smelled urine stink, at first I suspected one of the animals(pet) had peed.
When I went to picked up vanity the odor of urine was really strong.
We realized that the smell was in the cabinetry it self.
we replaced that vanity with a new one and the urine smell is gone.
Hope it helps
"You never fail until you stop trying!!"
My advice is free but I do consider donations

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
You could have a leak at the base of the toilet.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

MURPHY55347
Explorer
Explorer
There is a rubber coupler between the valve and the macerator held on with a hose clamp. Due to vibration the rubber coupler slips down and allows liquids to leak into the compartment when the valve is opened. We found out the hard way when dumping one time and ended up with a compartment full of nasty stuff. The marine grade carpet tends to soak up some of this and continues to emit a nasty odor until cleaned.

blknomad
Explorer
Explorer
Whatever is used in back bath same as front, no problem there.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you use any ammonia based products to clean things, the ammonia could mix with other liquids in your tanks to smell like urine.