cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Batterry recommendation for Class A Diesel

rpgibbs
Explorer
Explorer
I am going to replace my current coach interstate lead acid batteries (4) in my 2005 American Tradition. I would like recommendations on a good to top of the line Sealed Deep cycle AGM battery (group 27). Thanks
23 REPLIES 23

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
theoldwizard1 wrote:
J-Rooster wrote:
AGM's didn't work for me due to I didn't drive my RV enough! Even with a constant trickle charge.

It is a little known fact that no lead-acid battery "likes" to be on a constant trickle charge for weeks on end. Connect your trickle charger to a cheap mechanical lamp timer and set it to run the charger 1-2 per day.

If possible, find someplace to store your batteries <80F. Outside or in a garage in AZ is too hot.
Thanks Wiz!

dstock50
Explorer
Explorer
I did WM deep cycle marine parallel for Cat C-7, works fine, will do the same when the four six volt go bad.

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
Johnny G1 wrote:
13 yrs now on Trojan T105's and they have water mizer caps and are charged by solar at all times, haven't let me down yet, I do water them once a yr.

could be. most likely the last five years or more they would have pretty much useless as far as lasting more than a hour two when off shore power or being charged

Johnny_G1
Explorer
Explorer
13 yrs now on Trojan T105's and they have water mizer caps and are charged by solar at all times, haven't let me down yet, I do water them once a yr.
98 Mountain Aire 34' 210 Cummins Puller and 2001 dodge dully with all the toy's, 400 + hp pullin a 2001 32.5' Okanogan 5th wheel, new to us after 5 yrs with the 28' Travel Aire. Lots of fun.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
usersmanual wrote:
your the only person in the world that went 12 years on Costco 6 volt house batterys or any battery used for such usage and only adding water twice in that time period

I went 14 years on the original equipment battery in my E150.

I did clean and water it (yes, it was a maintenance free battery) about once ever 12-18 months.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
For coach batteries IMHO it is hard to beat golf-cart batteries from Costco or Sam's club.
Last set I bought at Sam's for $46 a piece was still usable after 12 years.
Having advanced inverter/charger I recall adding water only twice in 12 years.
YMMV

WOW ! Amazing !! I think you should have upped yor watering cycle, but you can not argue with success.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
J-Rooster wrote:
AGM's didn't work for me due to I didn't drive my RV enough! Even with a constant trickle charge.

It is a little known fact that no lead-acid battery "likes" to be on a constant trickle charge for weeks on end. Connect your trickle charger to a cheap mechanical lamp timer and set it to run the charger 1-2 per day.

If possible, find someplace to store your batteries <80F. Outside or in a garage in AZ is too hot.

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
For coach batteries IMHO it is hard to beat golf-cart batteries from Costco or Sam's club.
YMMV

your the only person in the world that went 12 years on Costco 6 volt house batterys or any battery used for such usage and only adding water twice in that time period

lwasouth
Explorer
Explorer
NAPA group 31 AGM batteries are made by "East Penn" You can order from any NAPA store. I purchased mine in Oregon and no sales tax.
NAPA store in Tillamook, Or. also installed them

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
YMMV

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
harold1946 wrote:
Rolls-Surrette S6-275AGM. 5 year warranty, 2 year free replacement, three year prorated. In my book they are the finest battery made.

One of the best brands out there.

Trojan is also good, 27-AGM. If you have a couple of inches of extra space I would recommend the Trojan/Reliant T1275-AGM. 270 minutes @ 25A discharge rate versus 158 minutes @ 25A.