cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Charge

ROYBUCK
Explorer
Explorer
What should my Battery Volt reading be, I don't have anything to read them with except the panel inside, it reads Coach 13.69 Chassis 13.42. It stays plugged in to shore power 24/7 beside my garage, haven't used the MH in some time, going to exercise the MH Friday for about 30 minutes I will take it by Interstate and get them to check them, was just wondering what they should read. The coach and chassis battery will be 6 years old in December. I have a trickle charger on the chassis battery. Thanks Roy
Roy B Coal Miners Son
USMC Ret
Semper Fi
5 REPLIES 5

hershey
Explorer
Explorer
Invest in a cheap (like $4.00 Harbor Freight) volt meter.
Disconnect the ground cable from your battery bank and let it sit for 3 or 6 hours. Then test the voltage of each battery. If one or more drop below 12.5 or 12.6 it is probably in need of replacement. A good battery will hold a solid charge for months when not connected to any parasitic load.
hershey - albuquerque, nm
Someday Finally Got Here
My wife does all the driving - I just get to hold the steering wheel.
Face Book Group: All About RVing and We Fly RC's
Expedition - Chevy Equinox

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
You are on the high side of normal for being plugged in.

Print this and keep it with you:
The 12 Volt Side of Life

JimM68
Explorer
Explorer
A fully charged battery (wet lead acid) will read 12.6 volts "at rest" (no charger and no load)
Jim M.
2008 Monaco Knight 40skq, moho #2
The "68"
My very own new forumfirstgens.com

My new blog

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
13.4 is the standard "float" charge put out by battery chargers when the batteries are at full charge. This will keep the batteries at full charge without overcharging and boiling the water. You would really be better off if you got a small hand held VOM (volt-ohm meter)....they really come in handy.

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

mscamping
Explorer
Explorer
I take you have something that charges both when you're plugged into shore power?? If so, they look right where they should.. That's what ours are reading.. Mike Mathews..
2003 Holiday Rambler Neptune 36 PBD - ISB 300 Cummins- Allison MH2000 5 speed
2013 Equinox w/Blue Ox Aventa II & SMI Stay-n-Play Duo
FMCA 331658 HRRVC 105155 Chapter - 57- Good Sam Life Member - Coach Net - 3/4 timers
Mike & Sharon