cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Beaver Roof to Sidewall Mouldings coming away

mgrovesjai
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 1999 Beaver Marquis. I can see that the gutter trim is coming away from the sidewall/roof seam in places. Has anyone repaired this trim and if so can you provide a methodology. It appears there is a rubber trim above the gutter channel (not viewable from the ground) that is attached perhaps into a channel and which covers screws in that channel which hold the trim up? I see that there is a rivet on the end (I am looking at the driver side gutter front of the gutter) and I am guessing I need to drill that out, then simply pull up the rubber strip all along the gutter. But, then can it be pushed back into a channel that it fits into after I've replaced the screws which have come undone? I believe this type of trim may be used only in Beaver Coaches of this same vintage and maybe later. Another trim, but much wider serves to cover what I suppose is the transition from the lower fiberglass sidewalls from the aluminum basement doors however this union is covered by a long and wide (2" perhaps more) aluminum strip the entire length of the coach which is "cupped" at each end by riveted pieces. Some areas along these strips are also coming away from the sidewall and if guidance is available for the technique of repairing those as well, I would appreciate it. I believe that repairing both transition areas will go along way in stopping and preventing leaks. Thanks, Mike
2 REPLIES 2

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
Deano56 wrote:
my older mh has this kind of molding on the lower part of the sides walls as you mentioned. Mine has a 1/2" wide strip that snaps in the center of the molding. Some of it I removed for body work only to find out a lot of the screws were braking off due to being rusty, some had to be drilled out. Maybe if you post a picture you could get faster responses.

If you haven't already go over to the Beaver forum and check. This is not an uncommon problem in any older coach. Since you're in Portland BCS in Bend would be a great resource if you haven't already contacted them.
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

Deano56
Explorer
Explorer
my older mh has this kind of molding on the lower part of the sides walls as you mentioned. Mine has a 1/2" wide strip that snaps in the center of the molding. Some of it I removed for body work only to find out a lot of the screws were braking off due to being rusty, some had to be drilled out. Maybe if you post a picture you could get faster responses.