cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beginning to think we should have stayed home.

03_RoadKing
Explorer
Explorer
It all started when I was getting the coach ready to leave, I had it plugged in to cool the frig and was changing the ball size for the trailer, the key for the hitch lock was in the coach. When I was getting the key I thought why not go ahead and move the coach so I can just hook up the trailer. So I did, what a sick feeling when you see the cord ripped to pieces. :S Got that fixed and no more issues until we get to Myrtle Beach. The CG won't let me keep the trailer there because it's 16 inches to long, ugh! We have to take it up to Little River and store it. The storage lot is on a pretty good hill for coastal South Carolina but the guy tells me it's no problem put it anywhere. Well after about an hour and a half I have it unstuck and headed back to the CG. One more problem and we are headed home. Oh yeah I forgot putting the front slide out the drivers seat wasn't up far enough and the slide caught and ripped the back. My brain has been in neutral to much. 😮
Jim and Deb
The Furchildren Abby and Baylee
USAF Retired
2001 Newmar Mountain Aire
21 REPLIES 21

Cobra21
Explorer
Explorer
WyoTraveler wrote:
I have a list I laminated and it sits between steering wheel and dash. Pre check list. It lists power line, slides, jacks, sewer and water connections, seat position, etc. Been there done that and painfully expensive when I forget. We have forgot or will forget. I also include things on toad check. So far the list works for me.

This is a great idea, a Captains check list! As they always say,
if not for a bad day...you wouldn't know what a good day is.

Take Care, Brian

kjburns
Explorer
Explorer
BTW, I feel your pain regarding the seat. I was pulling in the slides and didn't notice that my wife had the passenger seat back. It wasn't until I noticed the slide was a bit slow that I noticed how far I'd bent the seat frame. Fortunately, I was able to bend it back...after the second time I hit it!
2019 Dynamax Isata3 24FW

BobandShaz
Explorer
Explorer
Murphy is my brother, we must be related. 🙂
Bob and Sharon

2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
03 RoadKing wrote:
Oh yeah I forgot putting the front slide out the drivers seat wasn't up far enough and the slide caught and ripped the back. My brain has been in neutral to much. 😮

We've all had these kind of days. After rubbing the driver's seat with the slide, I taped a small sign over the slide switch that I have to lift up to get to the switch. Since doing this, I haven't hit the driver's seat with the slide (yet).

It will get better.:)

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
I have a list I laminated and it sits between steering wheel and dash. Pre check list. It lists power line, slides, jacks, sewer and water connections, seat position, etc. Been there done that and painfully expensive when I forget. We have forgot or will forget. I also include things on toad check. So far the list works for me.

kjburns
Explorer
Explorer
Don't stop now, you're on a roll! 🙂
2019 Dynamax Isata3 24FW

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Stuff happens.......
But how was the camping :B
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'