cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big rig tire rotation.

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
With the topic of tire rotation going on in the truck camper forums, I wonder how often to the motorhome operators rotate their 22.5 tires?

My tire dealer says leave them alone as long as they are wearing even.

what say you?

we run Mich-XA2s and have 42k on them with no wear noted.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.
12 REPLIES 12

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
They rotate every time I drive it. 😉
2013 ACE 29.2

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nope, never rotated. Will be replacing due to age and no problems.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't rotate is the correct answer. However, if you have a tag axle coach the tag axle tires only last about 1/2 as long as the rest of your tires so what you can do if the tag tires are showing too much wear, buy 2 new tires and have them installed on the steer axle and "rotate" the used drive tires to the tag. You will be rotating tire and wheel but that's OK as the wheels will all be the same.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mine are 8 years old and I don't rotate as they are wearing evenly and have plenty of tread on them. I am replacing them in a couple of weeks.
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nope, never. 🙂 Add me to the list.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
I, too, don't rotate the tires. The only time I rotated was on our previous Dynasty where I got a bad alignment at Colton Truck service in Colton, CA. I didn't notice the wear until Nashville, TN.

So, I found TAFA (Tire, Axle, Frame and Alignment) in Nashville to correct the alignment. I had the new looking tag tires moved to the front. Otherwise, I wouldn't have rotated.

Safe travels,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not necessary or practicable with alum rims that would need polishing on a side that would be expensive to polish.
I did swap my tag and front tires but they were already off the rims to inspect the insides... not for any wear issues.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

JimM68
Explorer
Explorer
When I had the gasser I rotated them, it had 6 identical steel wheels.
The Monaco has 3 pairs of different wheels, them don't get rotated.
Jim M.
2008 Monaco Knight 40skq, moho #2
The "68"
My very own new forumfirstgens.com

My new blog

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've never rotated mine either. Getting new ones later this year. Almost six years, 90,000 miles, it's time.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
I never rotate my RV tires.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mine are about due for replacement due to age, they've never been rotated and are fine. Recently had it into the Freightliner shop for a front end alignment and they weren't interested in rotating them.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II
Leave them alone, don't rotate. At least that's what I was told based on the miles I drive. Most motorhome tires age out before their wear out. Now if you drive 25,000 miles a year, maybe they should be rotated.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4